Flowering Already?

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

When should I normally expect flowering in the Bay Area? Alaskan Thunder F...k's have been trying to flower since the first of June - sort of half vegging half blooming. All the other girls, Chernobyl,Sour grapes and Blue Dream seem to be starting as of last week.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

It depends on a few factors, but I'm around the same latitude (maybe a little higher) then you are and my plants have not begun to flower. If you have some that were trying to flower since June 1st it might of been that you just put them outside and they were getting 18-24 hours of light indoors, am I correct?? Its not called half vegging half blooming :D Its called reveg, its when they get outside and they start to flower because of the reduction in light, then they realize that its not time to flower so they start to veg again, hence reveg. Anyways, in North America the average day is around August 1st, sometimes sooner depending on other factors. So if they are starting to flower now, thats fine.

dorjewright

dorjewright

Actually the Alaskans (clones) were outside (protected somewhat from the late rains) from May on and started to show flowers first of June. I hoped they would stay in flower but they revegged but also retained what looked like half developed flowers.
On the others I'll start feeding a higher P - maybe I'll get a harvest before the October rains.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Actually the Alaskans (clones) were outside (protected somewhat from the late rains) from May on and started to show flowers first of June. I hoped they would stay in flower but they revegged but also retained what looked like half developed flowers.
On the others I'll start feeding a higher P - maybe I'll get a harvest before the October rains.

Oh, did the Alaskan clones show only preflowers (2 white pistils at the node) or did they actually begin to develop flowers on the tops?? You really don't have to up the P just yet, I would wait until August then up the P and K a little, then later in flower you can drop even more N and up the PK if needed, good luck.

dorjewright

dorjewright

Yes flowers at the top as well as along the side which have now stretched.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Yeah, so they went hard for a couple weeks into flower, then revegged. Oh well, you should still get a good harvest.

Top Bottom