Flowering and height question

• Thread starter BriceyG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BriceyG

BriceyG

Hello, all. This is my first grow ever and outdoors. I’ve topped once and haven’t trained at all. So here are my questions: how long do I have until flower and will these grow taller than the fence? If so, what can I do to prevent that? Thank you so all responses.

Flowering and height question
Flowering and height question 2
Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

you can train the plants, top, LST, etc - even as it goes into flowering - to regulate their heights.

how long before it flowers? how long will it take to harvest? they're questions dependent on your growing conditions (photoperiod, warmth, etc) and genetics.

its a simple as bending its main stem...

BriceyG

BriceyG

you can train the plants, top, LST, etc - even as it goes into flowering - to regulate their heights.

how long before it flowers? how long will it take to harvest? they're questions dependent on your growing conditions (photoperiod, warmth, etc) and genetics.

thank you for your input. First ever grow so I didn’t know if it was too late to do those things

sambapati

sambapati

Its never too late to plan ahead...the fence a few ropes/some bamboo and all plants can lean ### no telling how big they will get but they might surprise.

BriceyG

BriceyG

Its never too late to plan ahead...the fence a few ropes/some bamboo and all plants can lean ### no telling how big they will get but they might surprise.

they’re surprising me now! Grew so many plants because I wanted “backups” because I thought I’d lose some with it being my first time. only lost one due to a transplanting error on my part.

but else where I was told to take 12 inches and also told to twist and bend my tops. Any thoughts on this?

sambapati

sambapati

they’re surprising me now! Grew so many plants because I wanted “backups” because I thought I’d lose some with it being my first time. only lost one due to a transplanting error on my part.

but else where I was told to take 12 inches and also told to twist and bend my tops. Any thoughts on this?
You take a hair tie and put in around the plant top. Put a thumbtack or pin whatever up on the wall. Pull some garden wire or twine around the thumbtack. Attach the other end toy our hairtie and pull until the top bends at a 30 degrèe angle. Job done. Easier to do with 2 people. I would like to help but my wife keeps me locked in the cellar.

BriceyG

BriceyG

You take a hair tie and put in around the plant top. Put a thumbtack or pin whatever up on the wall. Pull some garden wire or twine around the thumbtack. Attach the other end toy our hairtie and pull until the top bends at a 30 degrèe angle. Job done. Easier to do with 2 people. I would like to help but my wife keeps me locked in the cellar.

It’s all good I completely understand. Mine only lets me out every so often. Thank you very much for the info

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

is that a permanent position, or is it in pots so you can follow the sun, move the pots around, etc?

if you are going to LST or tie it down, etc you might want to do so, so you can easily move those pots. maybe stakes into the pot, then wires around it to train plants thru.

I don't bother with ties, just bent the stem, even until it snaps. i suppose, should be careful with main stem.

BriceyG

BriceyG

is that a permanent position, or is it in pots so you can follow the sun, move the pots around, etc?

if you are going to LST or tie it down, etc you might want to do so, so you can easily move those pots. maybe stakes into the pot, then wires around it to train plants thru.

I don't bother with ties, just bent the stem, even until it snaps. i suppose, should be careful with main stem.

pretty permanent. Working with the little space I have and I actually trimmed the plants early. Any thoughts?

ACA09D49 252A 4804 B051 3B61EF73840C
Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

there are so many ways....its the thousand ways of skinning a cat.

you could even put a mesh over the top where it is about now, and train all new growth thru it - but if you do so, the growth will all be tied to that mesh.

so, if you're keeping it so you can move the pots, you can individually train each plant. as it is, i don't reckon it would reach the top of the fence, full growth. but it doesn't hurt to train the plants either.

i train plants because i prefer to grow many offshoots, rather than a single straight main cola, Xmas tree shapes. i would myself just bend the main stem over, to promote its lower offshoots, then try to cover as much of the pot's canopy with vegetative growth. or top it, and then 'manifold'. or leave it as it is.

boils down to your perogative.

with so many plants, you can experiment with your training methods, shaping plants, leave some alone as it - then you can see its results at the end of this harvest.

BriceyG

BriceyG

there are so many ways....its the thousand ways of skinning a cat.

you could even put a mesh over the top where it is about now, and train all new growth thru it - but if you do so, the growth will all be tied to that mesh.

so, if you're keeping it so you can move the pots, you can individually train each plant. as it is, i don't reckon it would reach the top of the fence, full growth. but it doesn't hurt to train the plants either.

i train plants because i prefer to grow many offshoots, rather than a single straight main cola, Xmas tree shapes. i would myself just bend the main stem over, to promote its lower offshoots, then try to cover as much of the pot's canopy with vegetative growth. or top it, and then 'manifold'. or leave it as it is.

boils down to your perogative.

with so many plants, you can experiment with your training methods, shaping plants, leave some alone as it - then you can see its results at the end of this harvest.

im trying to get as much flower as possible while keeping the plant below the fence. Any guess of potential yield I might get as is?

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

that's the 64 million dollar questions - how long and how much yield? potential yield depends on genetics and growing conditions.

just grow these buggers as big and healthy as you can, take care of 'em, and then they will reward you with its harvests.

what did the seed packet say?

BriceyG

BriceyG

that's the 64 million dollar questions - how long and how much yield? potential yield depends on genetics and growing conditions.

just grow these buggers as big and healthy as you can, take care of 'em, and then they will reward you with its harvests.

what did the seed packet say?

yeah I figured as much. I’m surprised at how far I am now so I know I’ll surprise myself with the yield as well. And the packet doesn’t provide any real information

frebo

frebo

It is too bad you don’t get more sunlight. My plants used to look like that when I was hiding them in the woods without direct sunlight.

BriceyG

BriceyG

It is too bad you don’t get more sunlight. My plants used to look like that when I was hiding them in the woods without direct sunlight.

Just working with what I have. what were your yields like?

frebo

frebo

that’s insane! Next year will definitely grow few plants for more sunlight. Noticing some plants not getting enough light already. Here are the plants now:
Is that fence blocking part of your sunlight?You might change it out for translucent panels.

Top Bottom