Flowering and K what to use?

• Thread starter TinkTHC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TinkTHC

TinkTHC

Organic grower using Bone meal for P in medium. What would you suggest for K? Seaweed or what would be better?

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
If you have a well balanced and composted soil mix, you don't need to add P or K. Doing so with slow release amendments risks taste, smell and flowers burning black.

TinkTHC

TinkTHC

If you have a well balanced and composted soil mix, you don't need to add P or K. Doing so with slow release amendments risks taste, smell and flowers burning black.
Thank you for the information. Appreciated, but wouldn’t flushing help with that?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This indoor or outdoor? If outdoor i would scrap the idea. Indoor i would only consider an inorganic source and if mid to late flower i wouldn't bother.

IMO and IMO only pk as a boost should only be used a week before flip until after stretch.

Changing nutrient ratios is a different story and I would say not a necessary thing to do in most circumstances. With the exception of experienced growers and some strains. But thats not to say there is no benefit, just usually does more harm then good when growers don't understand what they are changing.

This topic can be highly debated and im not making and claims that I want to debate just my opinions.

TinkTHC

TinkTHC

This indoor or outdoor? If outdoor i would scrap the idea. Indoor i would only consider an inorganic source and if mid to late flower i wouldn't bother.

IMO and IMO only pk as a boost should only be used a week before flip until after stretch.

Changing nutrient ratios is a different story and I would say not a necessary thing to do in most circumstances. With the exception of experienced growers and some strains. But thats not to say there is no benefit, just usually does more harm then good when growers don't understand what they are changing.

This topic can be highly debated and im not making and claims that I want to debate just my opinions.
If I grow organic I should have added an organic form of K in the medium in the early stages such as Seaweed, correct? So to amend late in the process is to harsh for my end product correct and doesn’t leave enough time to be metabolized? I’m just looking to correct what I should have added to my medium early on. Should I add a very small amount of Kelp? What’s your take? Thanks for all your help👍

TinkTHC

TinkTHC

If I grow organic I should have added an organic form of K in the medium in the early stages such as Seaweed, correct? So to amend late in the process is to harsh for my end product correct and doesn’t leave enough time to be metabolized? I’m just looking to correct what I should have added to my medium early on. Should I add a very small amount of Kelp? What’s your take? Thanks for all your help👍
I grow indoors

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Its really depends what your feeding it but donyou see any deficiency? If not I would not add anything

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Green sand or langbeinite early on. Kelp is a good topdress or in teas.

Top Bottom