Flowering has begun - how long will it last?

• Thread starter fawnridge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fawnridge

fawnridge

Outdoor grow but these plants spent all their veg time indoors under some really cheap lights. I did some googling and the flowering periods for Alaskan Thunderfuck and Banana OG are different from website to website. What say you?

Plants in order: Banana OG started from seed in early April, Alaskan Thunderfuck started from seed in early February, Banana OG started from seed in early February. Flower then full plant. Thanks and a tip of the hat.

Bog flower
Bog plant
Atf flower
Atf plant
Bog2 flower
Bog2 plant
Z

Zill

FR,

There is no set flowing timetable following the onset of flowering to harvest. Of course there are ranges of elapsed time others may comment on.

Flowing lasts until you harvest based on trichome color and pistils dying off (yellowing browning). That’s not actually true…. Flowers are set, flowering. We don’t allow the flowers to get pollinated so they begin to senesce after the plant flowers since there are no seeds being developed.

Zill.

Pilted

Pilted

Flower time will depend on two things, the genetics, and how much you mess up along the way, say your seed has a flower time of 9 werks. If you do everything perfect the light, temp, humidity, nutes, watering then it will take you 9 weeks, but say you under fertilize one week that will add time to your harvest date. Say one week it gets too much light or not enough light, that will add time to your harvest date, say something falls on it and rips off a couple.leaves, that will add time to your harvest date. Because there is a million things you can do differently there is no way to know when harvest will be ready except to know what they look like when they are rip. Tricones, pistols, and leaves will start to change color tricones will go from clear to cloudy to amber, pistols will change from white to usually orange, leaves will start to die off. When to harvest is also up to you, early will be more of a head high, late will be more of a couch lock high. I would say you have anywhere from 9 weeks to 20 weeks depending on how much stress you put on the plant.

Best answer I got.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Outdoor grow but these plants spent all their veg time indoors under some really cheap lights. I did some googling and the flowering periods for Alaskan Thunderfuck and Banana OG are different from website to website. What say you?

Plants in order: Banana OG started from seed in early April, Alaskan Thunderfuck started from seed in early February, Banana OG started from seed in early February. Flower then full plant. Thanks and a wh
In what hemisphere are you strategically located?

StonedAgain

StonedAgain

It will last till they're mature lol... making that guess, especially outside, is just that, a guess. Since you're already flowering, my guess would be from late September to October.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
They will stop flowerring when they do. Don't harvest until after that. Be patient and you'll see.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Photos shouldn’t be flowering in early June unless they were put out too early. At least in my opinion. Not in Virginia.
If you veg them indoors 24h lights for at least 2 months or until they are close to mature and show pre Flowers, the light schedule shock going outdoors will make them flower pretty much any time of the year.l never had a reveg In my life doing this. Maybe there's a more pure sativa or landrace that could maybe reveg, but never seen it.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I put a couple out early knowing full well what would probably happen. And it did. So I am going to grow them out and see what happens. Last year I did it out of ignorance. I lost it and murdered them all in a fit of rage!😂 Started over. They were only 4 inches tall. In hindsight, I wish I had tried growing a few of them out. It’s fun to play with.

fawnridge

fawnridge

I put a couple out early knowing full well what would probably happen. And it did. So I am going to grow them out and see what happens. Last year I did it out of ignorance. I lost it and murdered them all in a fit of rage!😂 Started over. They were only 4 inches tall. In hindsight, I wish I had tried growing a few of them out. It’s fun to play with.
We don't have the luxury of experimentation. Since moving here from Colorado, we've been unable to find a local source of correctly priced flower. (Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.) So our grow will help to offset the cost of our edible production if it works. If not, we've pissed away a lot of money and we're stuck with the D.C. dispensaries.

Top Bottom