flowering height??

• Thread starter guanoman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

guanoman

OK fellow farmers,im growing a strong indica strain from seed organically and was wonderin at what height can i start flowering at without wrecking the quality of flowers?Any advice would be much appreciated.ive read all the guru books through out the years and not much was said about flowering height and i know you folks here can help me out.thanx again!!:rollj:

convex

convex

Unfortunately, that is a pretty subjective question - it really is strain dependent.
Some indica's will stretch 2x thier height while others just get fatter with little horizontal growth.

D

DrFrankenstrain

In my grow I like to start turning my plants once they get the same same height as my waist or belly button. from that point on from turning they usually will end up as tall as me.. and I am 5'10. From my experience I have found that you can turn your plants at any height its pretty much about how tall do you want them .. or dont. If you manipulate your plants.. you can get more shutes with a less tall plant.

J

Jalisco Kid

The size of the plant will not ruin the quality of your flowers.
If you have no clue about your strain it would be a guess. I would lean towards 25-100% for the stretch. I have had indicas that did not grow any taller once put into flowering.JK

R

rocks211

I just finished some erkle and only got about 2 inches stretch during flowering, but height has nothing to do with quality but it foes depend on what type of light you have due to penetration. No point in growing a 6 foot plant with a 250 watt hps

H

hailo

it has to do with how tall your lights can go...

I would go double the size....and play it on the shorter side....ie: if you want a 2 foot tall plant flower it at 12 inches

G

guanoman

thanks for all the advice and info,my guess was a good one, i just started flowering at about 15 inches,and once again, an old dog does learn new tricks, and that was not realizing (stupid me) that a lot of indicas do grow at different rates and all are not the same,thanks folks this site and its crew have always come thru

Top Bottom