Flowering stage questions

• Thread starter Jkool92
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jkool92

Jkool92

First time trying out my green thumb just started flowering on my hydro plant got 5.5 ph levels and 16.1 x10 ppm not sure how the ppms work or if that’s a good number to be at also wondering if I should trim some leaves so the light can reach the lower leaves? Would now be an opportune time to cut a clone off my plant?

Flowering stage questions
Flowering stage questions 2
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Hi welcome to the farm I would not take any leaves off that’s the plants engine room it’s best to leave alone but one suggestion is to raise you plant up off the tent floor creat a air gap under ir about 10 cm is good and you need some pot risers under the plant to keep it up out of the run off when you water it . Regards OD .

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

Agreed with @One drop, those leaves are so important to not only gather light, but as an overall health indicator. Use more natural light photos for health diagnoses. Happy growing.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I can also see some signs the ppm might be a little hot if you look at the leaf tips see how the starting curve on one side on margin towards the tip . One of the reasons you never take leaves off there the window to there soul ..... Od

Last edited:
Jkool92

Jkool92

Thank you guys I think I used a five gallon bucket feeding schedule I’ll have to cut it with some more water...glad I didn’t listen to my buddy and trimmed her leaves anybody have experience cutting a piece off to use as a clone my friend thinks thats doable too

420trout

420trout

I am one of those people that trim off those fan leaves, but only after a branch has developed at that node and is maybe 2-4" long. I don't think you're there yet. That plant looks to small to cut clones from just yet.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Yes it is to young I agree , I harvest cutting material i only use lateral branch , I like to cut at least between the 4 th & 5 th node it should be semi hard wood With a diameter of 3 to 5 mm and slanted downward angle cut . Od .

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
VERY happy and healthy!!! What lights will you be flowering under? I.E. spectrum, PPFD, and actual draw from the wall.

Great job!!!!

Jkool92

Jkool92

VERY happy and healthy!!! What lights will you be flowering under? I.E. spectrum, PPFD, and actual draw from the wall.

Great job!!!!
Thanks! Im always worrying it’s looking small for its age and sickly but glad to hear from someone that it’s in good shape I have cheap amazon LED spectrum boards one has a bloom and veg switch they say 600 watt I think it only actually is 200w

8FB00464 526B 4458 A1EF 4ECC5B732924
revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
Thanks! Im always worrying it’s looking small for its age and sickly but glad to hear from someone that it’s in good shape I have cheap amazon LED spectrum boards one has a bloom and veg switch they say 600 watt I think it only actually is 200w

Right on!!! If you tell me the name/brand I can tell you what the exact wattage is 👍 In my experience, "600W" tends to be around 75-100W

Cheers!

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Looking good. Beautiful foliage you got there. Happy grows.
Burnz

Top Bottom