Flowering Stalled

• Thread starter SCMW
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MamaBear

So now ill grow in constant fear of this problem rearing its head again :(
In nature, laws are not always a set thing. Too many variables and it only takes 1 to throw everything off. Forget the fear, and relax. I see it as a learning experience. Nature is always testing us - keeping us on our toes. And that is a good thing!

mr roboto

mr roboto

are you running ac during this heat? check your roots and see if they are rotted , pythium loves to show its face in warm waters

One Flip

One Flip

My friend has a small room with 6 lights..No AC just exchanges air. I told him at the beginning of this summer to go spend 500 bucks on a cheap AC cause the outside temps are going to be in the 80's and 90's and his plants aren't going to produce anything. Of course he didn't want to spend the money and time to put in some cooling.

Instead he ran his room throughout the summer hitting temps in the high 90's, low 100's and his plants looked like they've been in bud for ten days with the exception of one.. There was one plant directly under his intake duct that has air blowing on it through the entire cycle that was developing. He really couldn't figure out why that was the only one

As summer finished and the outside temps dropped his room got back in the low 80's and his plants started developing over the next month until he couldn't maintain healthy fans and leaves and had to chop. His bud barely made good blasting material.. He figures he spent more on power than what he can get out of the crop. I think he had those things in bud for almost 4 months. Lol. Anyway. If I'm not growing in a dialed room and my temps hit over 82-84 range.. I back off the nutes, increase airflow (if possible) and weather the storm until the temps are in proper range. I've seen people up their feed in hot conditions not realizing it's an eviromental issue and fry their plants.

Put your timers back on 12/12 ;)

S

SCMW

My friend has a small room with 6 lights..No AC just exchanges air. I told him at the beginning of this summer to go spend 500 bucks on a cheap AC cause the outside temps are going to be in the 80's and 90's and his plants aren't going to produce anything. Of course he didn't want to spend the money and time to put in some cooling.

Instead he ran his room throughout the summer hitting temps in the high 90's, low 100's and his plants looked like they've been in bud for ten days with the exception of one.. There was one plant directly under his intake duct that has air blowing on it through the entire cycle that was developing. He really couldn't figure out why that was the only one

As summer finished and the outside temps dropped his room got back in the low 80's and his plants started developing over the next month until he couldn't maintain healthy fans and leaves and had to chop. His bud barely made good blasting material.. He figures he spent more on power than what he can get out of the crop. I think he had those things in bud for almost 4 months. Lol. Anyway. If I'm not growing in a dialed room and my temps hit over 82-84 range.. I back off the nutes, increase airflow (if possible) and weather the storm until the temps are in proper range. I've seen people up their feed in hot conditions not realizing it's an eviromental issue and fry their plants.

Put your timers back on 12/12 ;)

This sounds like yhe EXACT same problem I was having

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I flower in high temps(81*f-83.5*f) and low humidity (40s) and I can attest to the fact that overfeeding can cause havoc. A high respiratory environment for the plant means more water , less nutes is necessary.

Hope you have a great harvest!
Peace

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Pretty sure they are all growing fine now. Honestly I dont think dudding is as prevelent as people think.
The reason I asked is because I recently got snout ten strains from a friend and 8 of them are dudded small shiney odd shaped leaves tried flower so and they didn't grow. Scoped for a week looking for roads or hemp russets but haven't seen anything. Not sure if I'm gonna try to fix a few of these strains or not.o_O

S

SCMW

The reason I asked is because I recently got snout ten strains from a friend and 8 of them are dudded small shiney odd shaped leaves tried flower so and they didn't grow. Scoped for a week looking for roads or hemp russets but haven't seen anything. Not sure if I'm gonna try to fix a few of these strains or not.o_O

Shiney? Like waxy/glossy?

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Shiney? Like waxy/glossy?
Yes exactly and they stay small .

Last edited:
GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Kinda hard to see but the stems are skinny and the side branches come out horizontal instead of an up angle..

S

SCMW

Yes exactly and they stay small .
View attachment 540371
This is way bigger than anything Ive ever grown in a solo cup and I fill mine to the very top lol I've gotten lazy and left them for like a month in solo cups too.

The problem doesnt clear-up when you transplant?

Also thats amazing man how do you do that? Are you cloning from large branches?

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Do you know what the genetics are?
Strawberry diesel immortal diesel white widow gsc death star gdp uk cheese. I believe they are dudded from extreme pythium and malnourished. I've got done out of it some seem a little harder.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
This is way bigger than anything Ive ever grown in a solo cup and I fill mine to the very top lol I've gotten lazy and left them for like a month in solo cups too.

The problem doesnt clear-up when you transplant?

Also thats amazing man how do you do that? Are you cloning from large branches?
Are you growing in soil? I grow in coco which produced much bigger plants and faster growth. With coco you can grow fairly large plants and keep them healthy if you water everyday with letting them dry out once established. Sometimes I will keep them in the cups till they split in have from to much root growth.

S

SCMW

Are you growing in soil? I grow in coco which produced much bigger plants and faster growth. With coco you can grow fairly large plants and keep them healthy if you water everyday with letting them dry out once established. Sometimes I will keep them in the cups till they split in have from to much root growth.

Yea I use coco in solo cups too never get anything nearly as large and bushy as that lol. At most they will get to about 9 inches but stay thin and lanky. I dont get any real branching until I transplant.

How long do you leave them in the cups for? I must be doing sonething wrong lol.

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

Yea I use coco in solo cups too never get anything nearly as large and bushy as that lol. At most they will get to about 9 inches but stay thin and lanky. I dont get any real branching until I transplant.

How long do you leave them in the cups for? I must be doing sonething wrong lol.

I flower in solo cups
pure coco,, no pearlite
watered/fed daily,, except when seedlings..
All coco is not created equally,, I use baled coco,, and some I rinse twice before using..
I layer the 3 grades of coco I use..
Coarse on the bottom,, a medium grade in the middle,, and loose finer grade in the top layer..
No I don't veg my plants.. They are 1' to 2 1/2' tall at finish.. Depending on the strain and the time to flower..
Neville's Haze was a big plant after 130+ days.. A plant like this is so rootbound it had to be watered/fed 3 times a day or be dry..
Hope I helped,,
ccJ

Top Bottom