flowering taking to long . .

• Thread starter drpressure600
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

drpressure600

loft to cold . .

these are were i'd 24 plants in a mates loft, but now it's to cold, dose anyone think that if i put more 'white plastic' or 'heat film' around them it would help maintain more heat right now, their 600w bulbs now, but temp is terrible up there.

IMG 0767
IMG 0766
IMG 0748
P

ProGroWannabe

Nice setup doc! Yeah your gonna have to completely close the spaces off with plastic, at the very least. You may also have to insulate. I have a double layer of plastic on the ceiling above my plants too. Even with mine enclosed, I still have to have a heater crankin in there during lights-out.

D

drpressure600

these are were i'd 24 plants in a mates loft, but now it's to cold, dose anyone think that if i put more 'white plastic' or 'heat film' around them it would help maintain more heat right now, their 600w bulbs now, but temp is terrible up there.

i need this set up to be slightly warmer, i was thinking of putting an other 600w behind this one & a foot lower, any suggestions plz, then a small heater there 4 when the lights go out . .

F

frankie-smiles

Like the other guys said, i think you are gonna have to enclose that grow space completely. This will help loads i think cuz if its anything like the lofts round here they can be a little drafty to say the least. This will help keep any heat that builds up inside the tent when the lights are on to stay a little longer when the lights go off. Nice area though, i'd want it back up running too mate. Another light could be a good idea, more light-more buds i say. I've got a heat mat that helps keep the roots warm in a small area, but you'd need a few so a heater sounds like a better idea for that sorta space. Could be real nice up there.:nod

D

drpressure600

hi frankie . .

i'm going to hit it tomorrow morning with sealing it better & an other lite, the problem is the cold when the lites go out, lofts are terrible 4 temps, i'll put some pics up ok, check it l8r . .

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Some of those styrofoam insulation sheets from home depot of Lowes on the beams and then use some for a door or some panda plastic will work awesome :flower

D

drpressure600

foam . .

i got a lot of that foam in my friends, like silver foil either side over foam, i'll put it up soon, but my neighbours will be wondering were i'm going with all that ha ha, i'm going to seal off as much with 'white plastic' as i can tomorrow, like a tent etc . .

F

FastForward

DrP - if I were you I'd try some kind of insulation....if you see BH's photos of his HOG grow atm (Mexican Madness thread) he's got this reflective insulation on the walls....silver with bumps on it....I'd line the walls of your mates place with that, maybe even 2 layers if it's really drafty. I don't think it's too expensive...should be able to get it at B&Q/Lowes/local hardware....

P

phoenix

Hey man,if a hps light isn't keeping that space warm enough then there is definate some leaks/drafts.Insulate with stonewool or kingspan then cover with black white/mylar.If this isn't enough bang another light in.More bud anyways.Or 2 x 400's instead of a six.Metal halides run about 10% hotter than their hps equivalent.Deffo pay for a light rather than a heater,the light will heat and pay ya back.
If u have an intake you could get a duct heater,a filiment that fits inside of the ductwork.Or pull your outake through a filter and send it back in the room again,so not losing heat.
I think the other farmers amd yourself are bang on,they are only gonna produce normal amounts of bud with a normal enviro,with the stress and changes they have had they prolly just slowed right down,but once they are back in swing i reckon you'll still pull something worthwhile,i seen a mates plant[online] attacked by mites,looking like all was lost but they have an amazing abiltity to heal and bring themsleves round so plenty of TLC and you'll be right.They just need a consistent enviroment now till the end of the run.

D

drpressure600

extra plastic . .

i'm gonna seal up the area tomorrow like it's a tent, i got 25meters of black & white this morning, i'll put pics up 2moro, if the area once sealed is cool, i'm putting in an other 600w, but when lights out is cold, i'm paranoid about put a heater up there, imagine a fire, wow . .

Latest posts

Top Bottom