Flowering Teqhnique

• Thread starter Raw911
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Raw911

hey has anyone tried or even heard of this method?
something i came across during my reading up on growing and just wondering if this works.

"While simply changing to a 12/12 light cycle will induce flowering, there is a trick to jump start the process. Between the switch from an 18/6 to a 12/12 light cycle, let your plants sit in total, uninterrupted darkness for 36 hours. This will cause the PFR to drop substantially, giving the plants a strong signal to flower. After the 36 hours of darkness, begin the 12/12 light cycle."

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
heard of it - tried it once about 10 years ago

only difference I noticed was the genetics I had grown for years without an issue hermied on me

never tried it again

OGONLY

OGONLY

I've done it several times and never had any issues. I noticed no difference in end product yield or quality. One thing I love about it is using that 36 hour window of time to get the hell out of town overnight somewhere, somewhere nice. Sadly those seem to be the only occasions Im able to get away.

Tnelz

Tnelz

hey has anyone tried or even heard of this method?
something i came across during my reading up on growing and just wondering if this works.

"While simply changing to a 12/12 light cycle will induce flowering, there is a trick to jump start the process. Between the switch from an 18/6 to a 12/12 light cycle, let your plants sit in total, uninterrupted darkness for 36 hours. This will cause the PFR to drop substantially, giving the plants a strong signal to flower. After the 36 hours of darkness, begin the 12/12 light cycle."
Did 48 hours for like 2 years. Stopped doing it and there isn't much difference. Def something to it. Gets them going but not so much that it's necessary. Try it though.

Captive

Captive

I've done it several times and never had any issues. I noticed no difference in end product yield or quality. One thing I love about it is using that 36 hour window of time to get the hell out of town overnight somewhere, somewhere nice. Sadly those seem to be the only occasions Im able to get away.
I totally know what you mean haha. 36hrs is a lovely break knowing everything is off and nothing can go wrong!!

C

CannabisGal

I hear that Captive. A 36 hour away time would be nice. I never though growing my own would make going away so dog gone hard. I am long on my grow so I will try this, this crop when I flip to 12- 12.

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

I might just start doing it solely for that

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

I left for 9 days and asked a neighbor "grower" to water them a few times for me. Left jugs of dechol'd water in the grow room for him, each jug was a watering for each plant. Got back and they were all still full. Turns out "I don't water them enough" so he drug them outside and blasted them with freezing chlorine filled water from the hose and flushed the dogshit out of em. Thanks neighbor, you saved me $20 that was going to tip you if you listened to me.
Some kids parents...

Top Bottom