Flowering Time OG KUSH

• Thread starter TriCountyKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EVOKE

EVOKE

im curious on these statements im going to try one of my ogs at 70 days.... i usually dont go past 65 days....

Bigdawg15009

Bigdawg15009

When i pulled my og kush plants for harvest they were at 75 days including the 2 week stretch. So 75 days from day 1 of lights going to 12/12 .I was originally going to harvest at day 64 bc everyone said go 9 weeks but i ordered a microscope and it got here on day 63 and the trichs were mostly all cloudy and still some clear so im glad i went longer. When i checked at day 75 they were all coudy and some were amber. I wasnt sure how much should be amber so i under the excitement from waiting harvested at day 75. It turned out to be killer bud nice n smooth and if you took more than 3 hits you were GONE but still functional. A great high but i probably should have went a little longer to get more amber bc they were probably only 10% amber 90% cloudy or milky looking. So dont be afraid to go 80+ days and def check your trichs bc i almost harvested way to early at 9 weeks and all my work would have been for nothing. I know this is an old thread but it still pops up so people are reading it and i just wanted to share my experience maybe it will help some one who knows lol..later guys!!

TheWizardOfOz

TheWizardOfOz

day count for flowering is after the 12/12 switch

and most og's go to 65 or more days....there are so many og's now it might make a difference which one you have

you want a mix of cloudy and amber trichs for peak harvest

post a pic if you can

This is a very matter of fact type of statement. It's interesting when many others say to start truly counting when the first pistils appear and truly start clumping together like a flower formation, i.e. the start of flower. Could also explain why many breeders state 1 to 2 weeks less than what actually is the case IRL. I mean think of this, you put a seemingly mature veg plant into flower, but she shows nothing for 3 full weeks, are we really going to assume she has been in flower for 3 weeks, when in fact the first true formations of a flower only have just appeared?

Personally, and to have some baseline to go off etc. I would think it's just easier to start counting when flowers truly first from, and from there to take the recommendations onboard, but not as gospel. It would be great if breeders could be straight up about the conditions they grow in, what lights, lumens/par, what temps etc. they use to get their advertised figures.

Also important is stress factors, many of them which may add to the flowering time....so unless you got a perfect run (and you won't know it until you've run it many times), prob best to look at all major feedback from the plant, and make your own guesstimation for this run. Then, log, report (back to us) and repeat to refine :)

From the feedback, I'm thinking 70 for a perfect run, and one to two weeks more depending on growing/conditions/skill etc.

Just some ideas...

Edit @ 2min later, lol at the age of this thread. I just see posts in google when I search for stuff, and perhaps if I can input I will. Not an intentional old thread reviver etc, just a long time reader and short time poster.

Last edited:
TheWizardOfOz

TheWizardOfOz

If you pollinate an og's lower branches enough for a couple dozen seeds at say day 50 or 60 will it help speed up the ripening of the non-pollinated buds?

Already replied to this 10+ year old thread, might as well do it again :D

Pollinating at such a late stage is interesting to consider. I would assume (and will be happily corrected), that despite a reasonably logical consideration, it would actually draw out the ripening process longer. If she hadn't been hit with pollen before, she would want to see those seeds mature, no? It seems most strains need at least 4 weeks with optimal conditions.

No3r

No3r

Already replied to this 10+ year old thread, might as well do it again :D

Pollinating at such a late stage is interesting to consider. I would assume (and will be happily corrected), that despite a reasonably logical consideration, it would actually draw out the ripening process longer. If she hadn't been hit with pollen before, she would want to see those seeds mature, no? It seems most strains need at least 4 weeks with optimal conditions.
I pollinate no longer than week 4/5 depending on genotype

growsince79

growsince79

If you pollinate an og's lower branches enough for a couple dozen seeds at say day 50 or 60 will it help speed up the ripening of the unpollinated buds?
Lol only thing worse than seeded buds are buds with immature seeds. And no it won't help.

Sherwood

Sherwood

I have giant outdoor Fire OG Kush at 73 days of flowering and no amber. I sure hope they change this week.

IMG 20220915 172027876
Sherwood

Sherwood

I grew it last year and pulled it way earlier at 65 days and it got amber in the cure but I want amber during the grow.

IMG 20221004 111018392
Top Bottom