flowering timeline?

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeb437

mikeb437

i have a small plant to test out my homemade growbox. how long will it take to flower a plant? im leaving town the 15th of oct. i was going to induce this week so its ready before i leave town. do i need to induce flowering immediately or can i wait a week or so?

A

AliasAO

i have a small plant to test out my homemade growbox. how long will it take to flower a plant? im leaving town the 15th of oct. i was going to induce this week so its ready before i leave town. do i need to induce flowering immediately or can i wait a week or so?

Id say you should induce immediatly depending on strain.

Strains differ from about:

7-12 weeks flowering time?

What Strain is your one plant??

--AO

S

smokinrav

An indica generally wont take more than 8-9 weeks to finish and you have a few more days than that till you leave. You can probably wait a week as long as your flower light will grow a bigger plant. What are you flowering with?

mikeb437

mikeb437

i have the t5 setup. 2 ft bulbs 8 in the fixture. when i bought the bulbs, i bought 8 for growing and 8 for blooming. so now i have 6 of the blooming lights in the fixture with 2 of the grow lights for the extra spectrum.

S

Sea Of Green

If it's 100% indica a more realistic flowering time will be 6-7 weeks. If there's any 100% indica strains out there that take up to 8 weeks, they're few and far between. 7-8 weeks is more typical of a ~75% indica/25% sativa strain. 9 weeks is unheard of for a 100% indica, well...I've never heard of such a thing anyway. Basically you're talking atleast a 50% sativa hybrid's flowering time if it's anything up to or more than 9 weeks.

mikeb437

mikeb437

so the sativa takes longer to bud than an indica. and the more indica in the strain the faster it will bloom.. gotcha!

S

Sea Of Green

That's the gist of it anyway.

I'll add that those numbers are reasonably close approximations based on what I've experienced growing many different indica/sativa hybrid variations, and a few pure strains as well. All of which has been supportive of what is advertised by reputable seeds companies in respect to flowering times. Meaning, when you buy seeds you should also be getting a reliable estimation on how long the flowering time is.

There's going to be a few exceptions to the rules here and there too. For instance, I've heard of atleast one fast finishing pure sativa, ~7 weeks IIRC. And I believe I've even seen some indica hybrids with very small percentages of sativa genetics, as little as ~10%, that take 8 weeks or more.

Of course, when you harvest is up to you. Some people follow their own schedules. Be wary of any claims of strains that finish flowering in less than 6 weeks though. Those are all going to be PURE BS! Until proven otherwise. Rule of thumb there = 42 days flowering MINIMUM, ANY strain.

Top Bottom