Flowering Times ?.

• Thread starter s4m
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

s4m

hello peep's,

Was just wondering WHEN! do """you""" start counting?.

ie: 8 weeks flower for A strain, does that include the transition from veg to flower. I think not!.

From flick of 12/12 start counting ?,

or first flowers forming and siteing?.

s4m.

T

Time

I don't count the days, I just watch trichs. ITT many breeders count days from 12/12 because of the farmers use a calendar to determine when they will harvest.

F

Finalopagus

yea when you start 12/12... but harvest times from breeders are general guides not a must as said above watch trics and your own needs

A

Akgirl

Does anyone know where a person could find a list of flowering times just to use as a guide. I know that you are suppose to watch the trichromes but I'm not real sure how to tell exactly when they are ready. I would hate to harvest too early or too late.

F

Finalopagus

just ordered this as have many others, can't go wrong

S

s4m

heelo peep's,

i would only use the breeders approx time. but i allways confirm by the trics myself.

just wanted to know what others do.

thanks

s4m

R

Rocky Top

Using a scope is certainly a good way to guage but personally, I go by how the plants look. The biggest mistake I see by most growers is chopping to early. I am willing to bet 80% of growers chop to soon.

The plants take on a more "finished" look. The hairs are all brown or orange and they have receeded into the bud. The caylx is really swollen and the trichs have a amber look with the neckid eye. It's hard to explain but the more experience you have the easier it is to tell when they are ripe.

Looking at the trichs is just a benchmark. It's not a be all/end all. From my experience, growing out a certain strain several times will give you a better idea as to when they are ripe.

Personally, I have never smoked a bud that was "over ripe". I have smoked several buds that were "under ripe".

j wizzle

j wizzle

Using a scope is certainly a good way to guage but personally, I go by how the plants look. The biggest mistake I see by most growers is chopping to early. I am willing to bet 80% of growers chop to soon.

The plants take on a more "finished" look. The hairs are all brown or orange and they have receeded into the bud. The caylx is really swollen and the trichs have a amber look with the neckid eye. It's hard to explain but the more experience you have the easier it is to tell when they are ripe.

Looking at the trichs is just a benchmark. It's not a be all/end all. From my experience, growing out a certain strain several times will give you a better idea as to when they are ripe.

Personally, I have never smoked a bud that was "over ripe". I have smoked several buds that were "under ripe".

i like this the most...

always look at the plant as a whole. i usually use the 8-10 weeks that the breeder tells you as a day to begin the flush, not when the bud will be finished.

alot of growers start to flush or harvest right when the hairs turn colors, but its when they twist together and sink back into the buds. thats how you can tell when its ready.

Latest posts

Top Bottom