Flowering to early questions

• Thread starter Jetdry88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jetdry88

Jetdry88

I currently have 3 mango haze strains growing which I started from seed in late March early April. I transplanted them out side around May 24 and they have been doing great.
Two of them are starting to show some nice sized pistils with the third not to far behind which to me has always been a sign of the beginning of flowering (pre flower).
Currently we are still just over 15 hrs of daylight and thought this could be to early for them to flower. I know nothing about the seeds as I had just picked them out of some stuff I bought.
My question is what would be the worst case scenario if the plants were to flower right now.
It is a heavy sativa strain and not sure if I would have time for it to ripen in southern Ontario if it was to start flowering in late august.
I don't believe these are an auto given there current age.

Sorry for the long post. I have grown in years and would consider this my first real grow.

garybo

garybo

I currently have 3 mango haze strains growing which I started from seed in late March early April. I transplanted them out side around May 24 and they have been doing great.
Two of them are starting to show some nice sized pistils with the third not to far behind which to me has always been a sign of the beginning of flowering (pre flower).
Currently we are still just over 15 hrs of daylight and thought this could be to early for them to flower. I know nothing about the seeds as I had just picked them out of some stuff I bought.
My question is what would be the worst case scenario if the plants were to flower right now.
It is a heavy sativa strain and not sure if I would have time for it to ripen in southern Ontario if it was to start flowering in late august.
I don't believe these are an auto given there current age.

Sorry for the long post. I have grown in years and would consider this my first real grow.
Hi there, I grow outdoor in northern Florida, started my sativa's Apl. 1 and put them outside on Apl. 3.
On Jul 02 they started preflower and as of today early flower, see pic below. It sounds as though you and your plants are right on schedule.
Happy growing and spark up.

Jetdry88

Jetdry88

I must ask how many hours of night are you currently getting.
Where I am we are sitting at 15/9. If it was to start flowering now how would it effect the yield?

BareFeet

BareFeet

Hi. I have plants outside that have begun flowering. (I was physically unable to care for them for two weeks and they didn’t get enough light or water.) I have changed location to giving them more sunlight hours. Since they are flowering on all branches it would seem to be too late to prune. I’m frustrated because I started these from seed. The plants aren’t flowering to the same extent so can I prune and veg-feed or hit them with blooming-feed? My plan had been to transplant a week out of surgery but now that I’m able to I’m afraid it’s too late. I have grown a little but much I don’t know so all advice and feedback is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Jetdry88

Jetdry88

Hi. I have plants outside that have begun flowering. (I was physically unable to care for them for two weeks and they didn’t get enough light or water.) I have changed location to giving them more sunlight hours. Since they are flowering on all branches it would seem to be too late to prune. I’m frustrated because I started these from seed. The plants aren’t flowering to the same extent so can I prune and veg-feed or hit them with blooming-feed? My plan had been to transplant a week out of surgery but now that I’m able to I’m afraid it’s too late. I have grown a little but much I don’t know so all advice and feedback is welcome. Thanks in advance.
Are the plants indoor or out. If outdoors what kind of hours of light are you seeing . There is some variables going on

Latest posts

Top Bottom