Flowering With T5???

• Thread starter Magalicious
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Magalicious

Has anyone tried to flower using a T5? Ive been told that they would be just fine and i decided to go with them instead of hps just to keep the energy and heating problems down. Would appreciate any feed back.

If any one has pictures of flowering plants using T5's that would be AWESOME!:anim_09:

Whippleschnitz

Whippleschnitz

Keep your plants low and wide, the bulbs don't penetrate as deep as the HID bulbs will. Also the light does not spread out so keep the plants directly under the fixture about 2 inches away. Agressive canopy management will help you yield a bit better depending on the strain. The reflectors are what make the T5s so efficient so spend a little extra to get the best ones.

If you do a search here you can find some grows with T5s.

lazarus718

lazarus718

A ton of people flower with T5's bro, if you want to have serious yields though you are going to have to spend the $$$ on a HID. Up to you man.

420Gator

420Gator

there was a really nice looking grow using t5s that i thought i subscribed to recently but now i cant find it

at least youre not using leds

lazarus718

lazarus718

there was a really nice looking grow using t5s that i thought i subscribed to recently but now i cant find it

at least youre not using leds

Might have belonged to frostedlove man, he runs flouros on his grows

B

Bearsfather

I grow (and flower) under fluorescents, current flower stalks are 4 to 8 inches long, heavy and sticky, I have to tie UP the flowers. I think it takes longer to finish, but fluors work.one can always add "qualifiers", QUOTE=lazarus, if you want to have serious yields though you are going to have to spend the $$$ on a HID. "IF" you want this, "IF" you want that. "IF" you change the medium, "IF" you change the light source, "IF" you alter the nutrients, "IF" you...?? The fluors will work. Try them. What works for me, or for you, isn't for everyone. What is important is that YOU find a system that works for YOU!

M

Magalicious

Nice thanks so much for the feed back. BTW im a sis not a bro. ;P I appreciate all the info I am open to any other suggestions.

Peace

Donnybrook

Donnybrook

Magalicious ,

Yes Floro's will work just fine fer a Low Heat co$t effective grow with a decent yield . I've used T-8s with good success combined with some CFL's scattered about fer side & lower lighting . Mix up the Color Spectrum & yer good to go , Happy Growing Sis ,,,

Top Bottom