Flowering???

• Thread starter josiec
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

josiec

Hi! Just wondering if this brown hair(plant 1) is the same thing as this white hair (plant 2). I know the white hair is showing me a pre flower, is this brown one doing the same since I can’t seem to find any white hairs on that plant yet, but multiple of the brown ones?

Flowering
Flowering 2
az2000

az2000

Unless the "brown hair" is behind that horn, and I'm not seeing it as well as you do, that's just the stipule. It's not the same as the second photo which shows the female pistil. I don't think that one is really flowering. It's just showing it's sex, "pre-flower." You should still keep an eye on that plant when flower starts, bud sites spring up. It could herm. It happens occasionally. (I.e., just because you see the preflower doesn't mean its sex is settled.).

J

josiec

Unless the "brown hair" is behind that horn, and I'm not seeing it as well as you do, that's just the stipule. It's not the same as the second photo which shows the female pistil. I don't think that one is really flowering. It's just showing it's sex, "pre-flower." You should still keep an eye on that plant when flower starts, bud sites spring up. It could herm. It happens occasionally. (I.e., just because you see the preflower doesn't mean its sex is settled.).
Here is the hair circled. Also what is Herm?

38BEAFC5 0FF5 4438 85E6 056096F8E919
J

josiec

also are you saying to keep an eye on plant 1 or 2? Could that white hair not indicate that i’ll definitely get nugs? Is there a possibility it could still only produce seeds!!! ):

az2000

az2000

Could that white hair not indicate that i’ll definitely get nugs? Is there a possibility it could still only produce seeds!!! ):

Yes, that's what I was saying about #1. It's happened to me only once. You still want to look at the bud sites after you to 12/12 lighting, look for ball-shaped pollen sacks, clusters. Odds are 90% that the preflower showing of sex means it's going to produce buds. But... still.

Regarding #2, that looks like the tip of the stipule turned brown and whispy like a pistil. (But, it's not a pistil unless the angle of the photo has it behind the stipule, and they'e aligned that way.).

J

josiec

Yes, that's what I was saying about #1. It's happened to me only once. You still want to look at the bud sites after you to 12/12 lighting, look for ball-shaped pollen sacks, clusters. Odds are 90% that the preflower showing of sex means it's going to produce buds. But... still.

Regarding #2, that looks like the tip of the stipule turned brown and whispy like a pistil. (But, it's not a pistil unless the angle of the photo has it behind the stipule, and they'e aligned that way.).
i’m growing outdoors so i’m not sure if it’s getting 12/12 lighting but I do notice this... (here’s a different picture of 2) is that a pollen sac?

9F8979F5 04AE 4277 8762 0BDD3972F2E6
az2000

az2000

Too soon to tell. If it has a white hair coming out, then it's not. But, sometimes you'll see those and they'll be the early sacks forming. You want to watch that stuff. You have quite some time before they'd be sacks that open. You'll see clusters.

Madbud

Madbud

i’m growing outdoors so i’m not sure if it’s getting 12/12 lighting but I do notice this... (here’s a different picture of 2) is that a pollen sac?
Probably not but i think you’ll see two white “hairs” there soon.

Top Bottom