Fluence Vs Bios Lighting

• Thread starter Limber pine
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

In your experience with the Fluence LED. Does it manage the spectrums to mimic natural light itself? Or is that something you have to setup and control on your own? I'm just wondering if it has some kind of built in setting for Veg and flowering that the user toggles?

Mine is PRE fluence

I chose the blend of spectrums so that it could be used for both veg and flower. Looks like the Fluence SPYDRx is only good for veg @ $900 + they say do not use it without CO2

L

Limber pine

Mine is PRE fluence

I chose the blend of spectrums so that it could be used for both veg and flower. Looks like the Fluence SPYDRx is only good for veg @ $900 + they say do not use it without CO2

Oh, so you BLM light had a blend? But the current Fluence light does not? Are there manufacturers who do the blend and have auto setting like I was talking about? Or are the auto setting something that doesn't exist?

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Oh, so you BLM light had a blend? But the current Fluence light does not? Are there manufacturers who do the blend and have auto setting like I was talking about? Or are the auto setting something that doesn't exist?

I seem to b missing what you're asking about auto settings

AFAIK, BML/Fluence are one spectrum blend per light- no separate settings for veg or flower. You must buy one of each. That's when I contacted Nick. Unfortunately, his design did not allow for what I envisioned- separate bars on separate o/o switch for flowering

L

Limber pine

That is exactly what I was asking! Thank you! Is there a brand that can be used for both vegging and flowering in the same unit? Or do you have to always buy 2 lights?

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

That is exactly what I was asking! Thank you! Is there a brand that can be used for both vegging and flowering in the same unit? Or do you have to always buy 2 lights?

A lot depends on your grow area and your budget. AFAICT CMHs are a pretty good value for the budget minded, but when you factor in heat extraction equipment and energy costs over 1 year, consider high intensity LEDs, which usually means CoBs. whlle there are a number of good CoB options, i like the total approach that Amare technology takes. See my Hail Hydro thread to see them in action

L

Limber pine

Cool, so essentially any LED option, will need an addtional light or 1 veg and 1 flowering light to do a full run. There are only a couple of companies doing all in one LEDs, from what I'm understanding.

I did see your Hail Hydro thread and I like the look of the Amares, but as far as trying to go to work for them, I have not seen any oppurtunity on their site as of yet.

I'm trying to see people experiences with LED for both my own personal room and the possibility of going to work for one of these companies to sell a superior product. I really appreciate all of your input, and will contiune to look and follow the threads on this site, prodding for clarification and information when needed. Thanks!

Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey

Premium Member
Supporter
I was told that with 3500k cobs can be used for veg/flower. Mine is good for a 3x3 area. Hopefully will be testing soon

IMG 1357
L

Limber pine

@Evil Monkey

Please do report back after your test!

Thanks!

Top Bottom