Fluorescent for clone room

• Thread starter hps4891
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hps4891

hps4891

Id like ideas of what has worked best for everyones and what everyone likes so far as a basic 6500k fluorescent setup for my clone room. Budget= im thinkin 40 or less. Preferrably somethn i can buy today or on amazon so i can get it 2morro. Lets stay within the rules of the forum please so far as not posting links (i think) and such related to the rules. Thank you all!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Id like ideas of what has worked best for everyones and what everyone likes so far as a basic 6500k fluorescent setup for my clone room. Budget= im thinkin 40 or less. Preferrably somethn i can buy today or on amazon so i can get it 2morro. Lets stay within the rules of the forum please so far as not posting links (i think) and such related to the rules. Thank you all!
I use 4-t8's and a single t5 total watts 178. A bit light on wattage but its what I use because its what I have. These t5's come in under your $40 cap in Canadian dollars.

hps4891

hps4891

I use 4-t8's and a single t5 total watts 178. A bit light on wattage but its what I use because its what I have. These t5's come in under your $40 cap in Canadian dollars.
Thank you much appreciated! I haven't bought any inna while so I was curious of what has worked well recently for others. I'll check those out, how have they worked for you as far as longevity & keeping the ladies happy? Other than what you were saying about the wattage. Right now i run one 600w MH in a 4x4x7 veg (also looking for some led possibly to supplement in that room), so theyd eventually be going into that from whatever I setup in this room. Also if the consensus is some really badass setup, im slightly flexible on budget. Keyword slightly lol.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thank you much appreciated! I haven't bought any inna while so I was curious of what has worked well recently for others. I'll check those out, how have they worked for you as far as longevity & keeping the ladies happy? Other than what you were saying about the wattage. Right now i run one 600w MH in a 4x4x7 veg (also looking for some led possibly to supplement in that room), so theyd eventually be going into that from whatever I setup in this room. Also if the consensus is some really badass setup, im slightly flexible on budget. Keyword slightly lol.
They work really well and last, I have an endless supply of t8 lamps and fixtures but I'd go with t5's if I had to buy lights, I veg for months sometimes and the penetration of light through the canopy after 2+ months isn't very good so I add a few cfl's and a new led I just bought to supplement florescent and add some side lighting. I vegged this girl for 4 months

Oct 12 2019 006
hps4891

hps4891

Haha! I feel ya on the long veg times! 1 of my current plants has been veggin for just over 4 months now. Im expectin her to yield me quite a bit, at this point i cant even count how many tops she has & she's fillin well about solid 2/3 of my 4x4 and thats even with fairly regular topping & defol lol. Nice one youve got btw! Strain? She looks pretty indica, my type of lady! Is that a 5gal bucket? Mines inna 5gal too. And she's beggin me daily to hurry tf up & flip her already! Also i was thinkin maybe even 2 of those setups you linked b4, as the 38cdn is only around 28 bucks US.

Last edited:
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
If just for clones I keep up to 4 domes on a shelf under a 4ft dual bulb t8. replace the bulbs once a year. Run them 24/7 with no issues. Also will veg for about a week after the domes are off under these before transplant. Don't really need much more for clones.

MVIMG 20191108 101247

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Haha! I feel ya on the long veg times! 1 of my current plants has been veggin for just over 4 months now. Im expectin her to yield me quite a bit, at this point i cant even count how many tops she has & she's fillin well about solid 2/3 of my 4x4 and thats even with fairly regular topping & defol lol. Nice one youve got btw! Strain? She looks pretty indica, my type of lady! Is that a 5gal bucket? Mines inna 5gal too. And she's beggin me daily to hurry tf up & flip her already! Also i was thinkin maybe even 2 of those setups you linked b4, as the 38cdn is only around 28 bucks US.
Its a Cherry Bomb from Bomb seeds I love the smell and taste of her. Just like women lol It's an indica cross of something or another. I don't know much about strains or crosses. I got them cheap $35/5 and I like em so I've got some clones off her doing well. Yes its a 5 gallon but only because shes so old otherwise I just use 3 gallon. I flipped her about a week ago so around New Years. There's a youtube video of making reflectors out of 4-6" ducting you might want to look at with those lights if you don't have anything.

hps4891

hps4891

Its a Cherry Bomb from Bomb seeds I love the smell and taste of her. Just like women lol It's an indica cross of something or another. I don't know much about strains or crosses. I got them cheap $35/5 and I like em so I've got some clones off her doing well. Yes its a 5 gallon but only because shes so old otherwise I just use 3 gallon. I flipped her about a week ago so around New Years. There's a youtube video of making reflectors out of 4-6" ducting you might want to look at with those lights if you don't have anything.
Thank ya! Yep haven't run clones inna while so I've long since sold all id need lightwise. Ive got quite a bit of extra 6" ducting layin around, ill check the video out. Its about time vs cost 4 me too. Ive got kiddos so not a whole buncha spare time and if its not too outrageous for a new reflector I may just spring the cash for one. But if it doesnt look like a huge time investment to make one when I watch the video, I may do that instead. I do appreciate all the help from ya both! And @PipeCarver yep my ladies r showin out, been spittin preflowers for several weeks now lol and been constant wantin insane amounts of flowerin nutritions (well nutritions period really, guess thats anything OG related 4 ya) i tell em every day patience ladies but now ive gotta weekend 2 myself so i def gotta do it! Hows the cherry bomb on her yield & thc avgs?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thank ya! Yep haven't run clones inna while so I've long since sold all id need lightwise. Ive got quite a bit of extra 6" ducting layin around, ill check the video out. Its about time vs cost 4 me too. Ive got kiddos so not a whole buncha spare time and if its not too outrageous for a new reflector I may just spring the cash for one. But if it doesnt look like a huge time investment to make one when I watch the video, I may do that instead. I do appreciate all the help from ya both! And @PipeCarver yep my ladies r showin out, been spittin preflowers for several weeks now lol and been constant wantin insane amounts of flowerin nutritions (well nutritions period really, guess thats anything OG related 4 ya) i tell em every day patience ladies but now ive gotta weekend 2 myself so i def gotta do it! Hows the cherry bomb on her yield & thc avgs?
I don't weigh my stuff I just fill jars so no real idea of yield, This is a pick of one before I chopped it last grow.

Cherry Bomb 3 naked
CB nice bud
Top Bottom