Fluorescent (t5 or cfl) or MH for Seedlings?

• Thread starter itsnotme
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

itsnotme

I was just about to place an order for my grow room(tent) supplies and realized I hadn't considered lighting for the seedlings.

The best progression would be the below right?
-Floros (until the first blade leaves) > MH (for veg)(600w to match my ballast) > HPS (flower)(600w)

Would this be ok?
-MH (for seedlings/veg)(600w to match my ballast) > HPS (flower)(600w)
-I would guess this could work provided the distance and heat were controlled, no?

P

Producer

Ya exactly. Provided the heat and distance is controlled like you said.
If you grow from seed under MH from the start than sure. controlling distance and height. But seedlings are a fragile state, its not a bad idea to grow them under CFL for a bit. I always have grown under CFL.
Go with what you feel. See how it works. I would prefer the top method myself. Floros then MH for veg.
Its a little dicey starting seeds with MH right away. Dont wanna toat them. Especially if you're a novice grower. Not saying if you are or not. Just stating.
Let me know. Keep up the updates.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I get the most consistent results with florescent lighting clones and young plants. Once they've established themselves, then give them the more intense light. Consistency is key, it sux to get great results one time and dead sticks the next.

hiboy

hiboy

T5 all the way
get a 4-6 lamper depending on quantity of clones
slam it right on em
h

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
in a perfect world

t5 all 2500K + a MH 6500K
their are also the new VHO t5s 7200 lumens per bulb

hope this helped:bow

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I've grown with a 4ft 8 bulb T5 from clone & veg.. Vegging under a T5 works super great.. After Veg then I hit them with the HPS

S

smalltime99

I have seen some good success with using LED for Veg only. Pulling the less power for veg is pretty ideal and also having less heat issues.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I have to say I get great results with CFLs too, especially when I get them down nice n close so the plants get light from above and from the sides with the CFL providing downward and side facing light. Just gotta be careful, no touchies or the leaf fries.

Latest posts

Top Bottom