Wanted fluros

• Thread starter indoorsjungle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
indoorsjungle

indoorsjungle

just after feedback on fluros currently 600w maxbloom led. thinking of going 6500k fluro. do fluros produce good vege growth or are leds better. pros and cons from users would be great.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
I think you posted this in the wrong section but to answer your question, fluorescents are great for cloning, vegging smaller plants such as freshly rooted clones or smaller mother plants. Some pros would be that they're cheap, run cool, keeps your plants small and slow growing if necesary. Thy serve their purpose well. No worries about giving your plants too much light. Cons would be low light intensity/penetration and possibly size if we're talking about T5 fixtures depending on your grow space. That said, you can get similar results by dimming LEDs. Personally, I only use them for cloning and freshly rooted clones before going under HID lighting whether that be LED, HPS or MH..

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

just after feedback on fluros currently 600w maxbloom led. thinking of going 6500k fluro. do fluros produce good vege growth or are leds better. pros and cons from users would be great.

I consider fluro's as being an ANALOG frequency while L.E.D being a DIGITAL frequency.

Analog ( fluro's,hps,mh ) can be compared to the natural sun light while Digital Can be compared to as synthetic/artificial sunlight.

Digital frequencies are BEST IN SPACE ( a vacuum ) while Analog works best here on planet earth.

There are many respected studies done on the effects of LED on human life, plant life and inanimate objects.

The radiation is much different.

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

LEDs are fine for growing weed.
okay...thats fine, im not gonna piss on your SUPPORT badge or the LED industry :

The OP wrote:

just after feedback on fluros

okay. and what is a "fluro" ?
Its a common abbreviation term ( fluorescent ) used in the cultivating industry, electrical & lighting and a few other industries.
Electricity & Pressurized Gas create the light.

Then the OP wrote : currently 600w maxbloom led.

Well, L.E.D lighting does not contain Gas, nor Pressure . The light is created by semi-conductors.

2 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TYPES OF LIGHTing

AND Then, the OP continues to ramble on .

In my mind, there is no fucking logic to the post.
Your mixing apples and oranges. Im not choosing sides. Im being Neutral.

but off the record, id can the guy running the campaign or check the machine learning.

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

6500k is mainly for flower but can do vegg also 2700k is a cool blue that does vegg if done in flower buds will become very airy but during vegetation keeps nodes more tight and compact. some high quality leds are full spectrum and contain far reds UV and infrared and can give alot of positive results iv only used florescent sunblaster with 2700k color temp in my mother and vegg room... if I had a facility or a commercial place I'd put everything under better lighting but for home or personal production t5 are best for vegg/mothers/clones

20210718 161521
20210718 161540
20210718 161719
20210718 161723
AlfaDog

AlfaDog

6500k is mainly for flower but can do vegg also 2700k is a cool blue that does vegg if done in flower buds will become very airy but during vegetation keeps nodes more tight and compact. some high quality leds are full spectrum and contain far reds UV and infrared and can give alot of positive results iv only used florescent sunblaster with 2700k color temp in my mother and vegg room... if I had a facility or a commercial place I'd put everything under better lighting but for home or personal production t5 are best for vegg/mothers/clones
But led yes can do vegg and flower just have to adjust lights to not stress the earlier you could get them usto the leds the less stress they will have and acclimate first week I start under t5 make sure roots are established then they go under phytomax-2 1000watt 🤙

jguit

jguit

Supporter
FWIW, the light spectrum is ANALOG regardless of what produces it whether it's LEDs, an HPS bulb or your dog's asshole but I dont want to piss on Detroit bro science.

@AlfaDog You have that backwards, 2700k is warm and 6500k is going towards blue. That's why pics under HPS look orange.

Color temperature scale
Last edited:
detroitjoe

detroitjoe

What the fuck are you on about? LOL

The guy asked a simple question.
NO sir.
FWIW, the light spectrum is ANALOG regardless of what produces it.
stop the madness.

your screwed in the head too?

There is no such thing as a fluorescent l.e.d. .... their is no mercury vapor in those tubes.

Is the OP writing about a BRAND of an led device thats called fluro? ...that could be possible. And if so, I say a big MIDDLE FINGER to the brand.

I also say a big MIDDLE FINGER to the persons or people behind the brand for hijacking the term.
And I say to the OP to use and learn correct industry term.

with regards to your chart:
The russians gave you that artwork or did you buy it from hunter biden? maybe the israeli art students... what ever .

"Lighting" created by using semi conductors is not organic.
Organic lighting is created using gases and metals

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

FWIW, the light spectrum is ANALOG regardless of what produces it whether it's LEDs, an HPS bulb or your dog's asshole but I dont want to piss on Detroit bro science.

@AlfaDog You have that backwards, 2700k is warm and 6500k is going towards blue. That's why pics under HPS look orange.
Fak my bad ill make sure the next time I word it properly didn't mean to mix anyone up

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
If you're talking t5 or t8 fluorescent they work great. T5's are my vegging lights. I like them for the heat they provide and I can keep my plants within inches of the light without burning the girls. 6500k t5's are my go to lights,,,, 6 above and one at the back

indoorsjungle

indoorsjungle

Thanks for your reply that ansewrs my needs. ive done pretty good with the maxbloom led. i need to change so exploring my options. really helpful feedback

indoorsjungle

indoorsjungle

T5 is probably where i will head. light stock is light on the ground here no matter the type you chose. this is where im at with the maxbloom. they just gone milky. theres bruce banner and the others i only know as donkey and pineapple
20211211 232534
20211211 232601
20211230 170904

Top Bottom