Flush technique that helps with trimming

• Thread starter Attis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Attis

So, I was curious if anyone knows how to safely flush in coco so that you deprive the plants of nitrogen in order to force them to use what is stored in the leaves during the flush cycle.

If you do it correctly you force the plant to use the fan leaves as food and they shed themselves so that when you cut the plant all that is left are the sugar leaves minus the chlorophyl or most of it anyways.

In an ebb and flow set you only need to do it for 2-3 days before you start your flush then flush normal and viola!

-A

A

Attis

Yeah, I was high and didn't think that question through as I was typing it. :thinking :cool0010

billopuffalot

billopuffalot

plain water
and a ph of 8.0
plant doesnt look to pretty come harvest but
motely looking mess i find
all tha best
bil

F

FastForward

Ideally use RO water or rain.....really helps speed things up I find (really forces the plant to eat the N in the leaves because there's nothing in the coco). Tapwater is okay, but if you're in a hard water area it can contain a lot of crap, and it slows down the flush. Or try Canna Flush, AN Final Phase etc...

Also, I don't pH adjust my tap water....I reckon you want it out of range so you don't get as much uptake by the plant.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Ideally use RO water or rain.....really helps speed things up I find (really forces the plant to eat the N in the leaves because there's nothing in the coco). Tapwater is okay, but if you're in a hard water area it can contain a lot of crap, and it slows down the flush. Or try Canna Flush, AN Final Phase etc...

Also, I don't pH adjust my tap water....I reckon you want it out of range so you don't get as much uptake by the plant.[/QUOTE]

I dont PH flush water either because of what FF just said. No nutrient uptake when PH is not right. RB

S

saltr

I flush every 3-4 waterings (depending on run-off quality) and then for 10 days prior to harvest.

Greyskull

Greyskull

I dont PH flush water either because of what FF just said. No nutrient uptake when PH is not right. RB

crazy composer did a test where he raised his flush water's ph to something way out of range (want to say 12) to test the theory of 'causing lockout during flush'.

he said something aloong the lines of 'it was the worst pot he'd grown since he started'. he also said that all his experiment proved was throwing the ph up (or down, howvever you wnat to look at it) to 12 to create the lockup during flushing was not good.

whats the ph of the water you guys flush with... have you checked it before you used it?

T

Tripples

Some great pointers on this forum and thread - I'm a soil guy now but thinking of doing coco in a few months

J

JohnUFC

Generally how long should you flush. I use H & G drip clean. I heard it takes a few days off flushing time.

C

CannabisSativa

I flush w/ plain water and it usually take 2wks for my plants to start lossing color.

T

Towelie

Two weeks is actually almost too long in Coco, you can get a full flush in 5-7 days without effecting your plants negatively.

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

I flush every 3-4 waterings (depending on run-off quality) and then for 10 days prior to harvest.

I use this method. Flushed with water and clearex. The girls are crazy bout it. And 7 days at the end of flower.

Top Bottom