Flush to begin in a few days......Question regarding Sulfur burn treatment?

• Thread starter Bousky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bousky

Bousky

I am new to growing and had major difficulty with temp control when I first began. Powdery Mildew became a problem. I have been used both Green Cure and No Powdery Mildew and have kept it in check.

Because I should start flushing in the next few days I am concerned about the PM taking over and do not want to defeat the purpose of flushing. My question is about treating with a Sulfur burn. Would treating with Sulfur so late in the process leave a sulfur taste? I wish I had fixated on the Sulfur possibility much earlier....

What I am thinking is to do a sulfur burn treatment, then a few days later one more Green Cure treatment, then a 10 day flush.

putembk

putembk

I have a sulphur burner and don't like to use it. There are other ways to mitigate pm. However, I have done a burn 14 days before harvest and didn't notice any difference in taste. If you have had a problem with pm that late in flower you might have pm inside the buds. Check the sugar leaves at the bottom of the buds, if you have it it will show up there. Good luck.

Bousky

Bousky

Thank you, I am on top of the PM daily. So far the buds are fine. My concern is the 10 day flush and a concern that it will reappear during that 10 days. I was looking for something more definitive before flushing. On my side the weather has changed and the humidity is staying in the 40's. I purchased a few more fans and will be thinning the popcorn branching and doing one more treatment with Green Cure and hope for the best. I appreciate your answer and have learned not to plant before you know the climate of a room is ready to go! Live and learn! I do know what I won't do again! PM is not my friend and prevention will be high on my priority when I am prepping for the next go!

the rrock

the rrock

if you are less than 14 days i wouldnt use sulphur,i made that mistake and could taste aliitle aftertaste on the bud . Maybe i had the burner on too long also, a short burn might be just enough to kill the PM, I am no expert and would like others input on this matter also

Bousky

Bousky

Thank you! The flush will begin tonight. I thinned out the plants by removing some of the fan leaves so air could move more easily around the leaves. I sprayed with Green Cure and added two oscillating fans breezing at plant level. I will be inspecting daily, so far no mold on buds....knock on wood! Hopefully these measures will keep it all in check. I am also appreciative of the weather change. The humidity is staying ranging in the 40s and low 50s. May the weather hold!

F

freshgardens

whats up man, i just had the same issue as you. Burned a week before and although i had to empty my res cuz of the sulfur no negative side affects like the smell or taste of sulfur!

Top Bottom