Flush w/bene's?

• Thread starter bloads
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bloads

bloads

Flushing with beneficial bacteria/fungus a good idea? I figure they'll help eat up the rest of the nutrients in my coco, and I'm hoping they'd do more benefit doing that than harm of breaking down nutes to allow my plant to absorb them better (during a time when I don't want them absorbed).

BTW my bene = Great White for now, going to change it up most likely to Fungi Perfecti MycoGrow™ Soluble
Fungi Perfecti MycoGrow™ Soluble Contains concentrated spore mass of the following:
Endomycorrhizal fungi: Glomus intraradices, Glomus mosseae, Glomus aggregatum, Glomus clarum, Glomus deserticola, Glomus etunicatum, Gigaspora margarita, Gigaspora brasilianum, Gigaspora monosporum
Ectomycorrhizal fungi: Rhizopogon villosullus, Rhizopogon luteolus, Rhizopogon amylopogon, Rhizopogon fulvigleba, Pisolithus tinctorius, Laccaria bicolor, Laccaria laccata, Scleroderma cepa, Scleroderma citrinum, Suillus granulatas, Suillus punctatapies
Trichoderma: Trichoderma harzianum, Trichoderma konigii
Beneficial Bacteria: Bacillus subtillus, Bacillus licheniformis, Bacillus azotoformans, Bacillus megaterium, Bacillus coagulans, Bacillus pumlis, Bacillus thuringiensis, Bacillus stearothermiphilis, Paenibacillus polymyxa, Paenibacillus durum, Paenibacillus florescence, Paenibacillus gordonae, Azotobacter polymyxa, Azotobacter chroococcum, Sacchromyces cervisiae, Streptomyces griseues, Streptomyces lydicus, Pseudomonas aureofaceans, Deinococcus erythromyxa

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
I would think your coco is full of microbes if you inoculated at start

and the inoculant product is expensive

well you can try it and record what happens to see if ppm goes down
and keep a control to refer back to :hi

OGONLY

OGONLY

There would be 0 benefit to flushing with benes lol. Benes help the root zone to abosorb nutrients. You should be feeding straight water during flush. Besides, benes work best in veg and early in flower by helping your plants establish a healthy root system. Your root system is what it is at the time of flush.

You are just wating your money if you are using benes in flush. Improve your flush by using R/O water instead of tap. Or flush for 2 weeks instead of 1.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
mo-lasses

I use 1 tbls/5gal every other watering during final flush

bloads

bloads

There would be 0 benefit to flushing with benes lol. Benes help the root zone to abosorb nutrients. You should be feeding straight water during flush. Besides, benes work best in veg and early in flower by helping your plants establish a healthy root system. Your root system is what it is at the time of flush.

You are just wating your money if you are using benes in flush. Improve your flush by using R/O water instead of tap. Or flush for 2 weeks instead of 1.

Already use RO, already flush for 2 weeks.

You're right, benes help to absorb nutrients, but they also eat a few themselves. Since coco IS a medium, there ARE nutrients stored in your coco when you're flushing, that's why I was wondering if the benes would help to eat them, it also seems the benes would also help my plants eat the remainder of what's in my coco, so the flush finishes quicker.

Since Great White & Micro Perfecti are relatively cheap, I'm just going to keep doing it, I see NO harm, only benefit.

mo-lasses

I use 1 tbls/5gal every other watering during final flush
Check, been using that

I would think your coco is full of microbes if you inoculated at start

Perhaps, if it weren't the summer and I wasn't a lazy hand-waterer that allows his coco to dry out a bit too much :sleepy

Top Bottom