Flush with dehumidifier water?

• Thread starter BigEasy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BigEasy

What's up my fellow farmers. I am getting ready to start flushing my first crop and I was wondering if it would be alright to flush with the water from the dehumidifier? Checked the ph, seemed to be somewhere around 6. I say that because I am using the drops to check ph. I will also be using Flora Kleen and could use some input as to how many days I should use it. :harvest:

Thanks in advance,
Easy

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

What is the EC? The question I would have is the water clean, did it pick up anything unwanted inside the dehuey?

G

Green Supreme

Remember there is low O2 in that water, I would bubble it first, but yes I have done this and it works, No calcium, fluoride, chloramine or chlorine included. I have a friend who uses it for his bong water as well. Good luck. Peace GS

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

I have 1 gallon of dehuey water per day collected in the pan. I have reused it in a foliar spray with no problem. Although I have read that the metals used in the parts for the runoff could be dangerous? Its probably some misinformation but I have no clue. Not sure if ppm checking would show anything like this but if they are high ppms I would def stay away from it. It should read very low (under 70ppm)

H

halitzor

I've grown dwc in straight dehu water and had great results. Its always between 1-3 ppm and around 7ph. I put a hose onto the outlet and a black poly tube runs down to a 5 gallon bucket below. Its basically distilled water.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

The problem that I see is that most dehueys, especially smaller cheaper ones, use copper coils. I'm sure there is a trace amount of copper that end up in the water. Also, there is risk of biological contamination from bacteria/fungus in the air.

The good news is that copper is a trace element required by cannabis plants and dehuey water usually tests super low in ppm TDS, so I doubt there is TOO much copper to do any harm! As far as biological, I'm sure its no worse than your tap water. A UV Filter may be recommended, but I'm sure its fine!

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
sometimes water from a dehuey is kind of funky like pondwater

MarijuanaBaybee

MarijuanaBaybee

^^^ agree i wouldnt risk using the dehu water best way to describe its "funnky like pondwater" so just spend the 20 cents a gall at the glacier water machine and flush flush

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Works fine for me

I use my dehumidifier water to water my plants, it is like adding distilled or ro water. Just make sure the water collector is clean and you should be good. If your dehumidifier is in good working condition its probably the best water around

mal

S

strictlyOG

that's gross bro. just flush with clean water. might as well not flush if your going towards that route. and yes i would deff use Flora Kleen for flush. it helps flush alot nicer you will be able to tell this once you smoke your medicine. imo it helps bring the true flavor of your bud.and please keep it sanitized you wouldnt want to get anyone sick. good luck

G

Green Supreme

LOL no dehumid water, but chemies to flush chemies. Funny shit. Peace GS

H

homem-planta

I thought the same thing... I use GH 3 part, and there is hella salts in that shit. but never in the DH bucket, of course.

Whenever I checked my dehumey water, it was always less then 4ppm... So now I just return it directly to my reservoir, every once and a while i check for ppm/ec and ph changes.. so far so good...

Water is scarce now days, save some... ;P specially does who have an enclosed system. I would say that most of the water used, will be clean and ready to be used again after collected.

LOL no dehumid water, but chemies to flush chemies. Funny shit. Peace GS

B

BigEasy

Thanks for all the input everyone. The most important thing I learned was that I'm going to have to invest in a good 3 way meter. I'm looking at the Hanna 3 way. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

As far as my flush, I'm gonna use the Flora Kleen for two days then RO water for five. Figured I would play it safe until I get my meter, seeing as this is my first crop and I'm stressing over them enough as is. Think I lost 10 lbs...lol

Thanks again!
Easy

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

The problem that I see is that most dehueys, especially smaller cheaper ones, use copper coils. I'm sure there is a trace amount of copper that end up in the water. Also, there is risk of biological contamination from bacteria/fungus in the air.

The good news is that copper is a trace element required by cannabis plants and dehuey water usually tests super low in ppm TDS, so I doubt there is TOO much copper to do any harm! As far as biological, I'm sure its no worse than your tap water. A UV Filter may be recommended, but I'm sure its fine!

lol most peoples house has copper pipes as the water supply, the others are iron pipe and you should see the inside or those!!!!

L

Lemony Skunkit

Dehumid. water is fine...been using it for years. Occasionally have it checked and tested by an engineer friend and it is always fine. I just make sure to clean it and run the bucket through the dishwasher.

F

Farmer Bros.

Very interesting. I just tested the water in my dehumidifier and got 23 ppms at 7.0 pH but it has a slight hint of ona scent. It also had some funk floatin' around in it. I personally don't think I would flush my plants with it.

Top Bottom