Flush with Final Phase?

• Thread starter Disco Duck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Disco Duck

Does anyone know the real answer of how long you use Final Phase? The guy at the store said only use it for 6 hours, then clear water for the rest of the week. One place on AN's web site says the same thing. Everyone else says use it all week, or use it 4 days then 3 of clear water.

Which is it?

1) 6 Hours.

2) 4 Days.

3) The entire week.

I am finding about an equal number of places saying each. Does anyone know how long you should actually use Final Phase for?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
6 hours?

thats odd - I mean the only way a 6 hour flush would be effective is in NFT or RDWC type setup - most hydro grows would water 1 -2 times max in 6 hours

so then youd have to do a complete res change, I think I wouldnt even bother with it if that was the case

sorry I never used final flush, am interested to see what the answer is though

OGONLY

OGONLY

I have heard of people using it for days at a time as well. I was confused also regarding the best practice with Final Phase. I ended up going with the directions on the bottle and flushed with it for 6 hours. Then went R/O for a week.

I was running 6 in. rockwool. Seemed to have worked ok, but who really knows if it is worth it. Guessing a R/O flush might have worked just the same.

I decided to pick up a bottle of H and G Drip Clean recently. It can be use as an in between resevoir flush. It supposedly attracts dirt and salts and rids them from your medium. There are phosphates in it so it apparently does not shock your roots as much as going from nuted water to just plain water in flush. It is clear like water, and is used in very small quantities. I believe they recommend 1 ml/ liter. My PPM went from 18 to 70 in one gaallon of R/O with just drip clean. So far so good. Plants still looking perfect.

I will continue to use Phinal Phase because I have almost a full gallon left. Curious as well about how others use it.

D

Disco Duck

So, is there anyone that know how Final Phase is actually supposed to be used. The difference between just 6 hours then a week of clear water, or 4 days and then 3 days of clear water, or all 7 days using Final Phase are so great that If I can't find an answer I will have no choice but to just throw this bottle of Final Phase away and go find a product that does not have wildly contradictory instructions for it's use. Not having a bad taste is very, very, very important too me and I will not use this stuff without correct instructions. I am short on money now and I REALLY don't want to have to throw this away and go buy something else.

Does ANYONE know how Final Phase is actually supposed to be used?

1) 6 hours, rest of the week clear water.

2) 4 days Final Phase, 3 days clear water.

3) 7 days Final Phase.

All three of these instructions can be found about equally for Final Phase. Does anyone know which one it actually is, because these are all very, very, very, very, very different things. I might need to start the flush tomorrow, if I can't find an answer by then I will have no choice but to just throw this useless product away and buy something else that has only one set of instructions for it's use.

D

Disco Duck

Alternatively... has anyone actually used Final Phase before? What did you do? Was there that terrible "old fish tank water" taste in your buds?

Did you use it all week? Half the week? 6 hours? Which instructions did you use when you used it, and was there any chemical or "fish tank" taste after you used it that way?

I have never in my life encountered a product with wildly, opposite, mutually exclusive instructions for it's use. I really regret buying this, and should have taken the time to drive to another store for the H&G Drip Clean that had been recommended too me. If I can't get an answer, I will make that drive... and bring my Final Phase with me. Maybe they will give me something for it as a discount on the Drip Clean with actual instructions for its use. At least that way I am not just throwing it away for nothing.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
bro use a little bit of molasses for a few days then go with just water

I read somewhere that even the drip clean is a form of diluted sugar water

if your sceptically or doubtful of final flush dint use it - I wouldn't

OGONLY

OGONLY

D.D. as I stated in my previous post to you the directions on the bottle are clear, and I followed them. I have also heard of others using P.P. for multiple days. I was not willing to compromise my girls by taking a chance doing something I heard someone did. Especially when what they did clearly contradicted the instructions. I'm usualy going to follow directions.

I wouldn't throw it away. Some people sware by it. The H&G drip clean is good stuff IMO but not worth getting if you already have P.P.

If you want to do a real thorough flush, I would say run it for 6 hours, then dump and go R/O water for 5 days. Then another 6 hour F.F. flush, then 3 to 5 days R/O. I like a 10-14 day flush for taste.

I don't think you mentioned what medium you are using. I use rockwool. Also, both H&G drip clean and F.F. go a long way, so only buy the small bottles unless you are a big opperation.

D

Disco Duck

But again, OGONLY, there is a contradiction. You saying that your bottle says to only use it for six hours is actually the main thing that made me throw my hands in the air and worry about using it at all.

My bottle does not say to only use it for 6 hours. My bottle says "Use 2ml per Liter during last week of flower phase". So it is saying use it for the whole week. Guy who sold it too me was insistant that I only use it for 6 hours. One spot on their web site says use it for 6 hours, and apparently your bottle says that too. My bottle says all week, most places on AN's own web site (except one) say the whole week. Others say half the week, then half clear water. It's a total dead-heat as to what I am supposed to do.

I'm worried if I do 6 hours I will wind up with bad taste from the nutes from a weak flush. Or, if I do the whole week or even half a week I will wind up with a bad taste from the Final Phase for using it for too long. I don't feel safe using it at all. I've spent so much to get to this point, everything looks and smells so great, I don't want to ruin it in the end here. I realize now I can't possibly get a certain answer in time, so I am going to have to use something else with clear instructions. Using this stuff would literally be like flipping a coin "was it supposed to be all week or 6 hours? Guess right your fine, guess wrong it's all crap." I don't think so. I really do have to go buy something else, haha, I don't believe that.

I will bring it with me, hopefully the guy with the drip clean also sells AN and will give me $10 credit for it or something. AN really need to clear this up, two equal and opposite sets of instructions make this product like a coin toss.

D

Disco Duck

Oh, I am in hyrdoton pellets in a Rainforest (DWC/Aero). I've been told not to flush for more than about 7 days. I am planning multiple water changes. If I was going to risk using final flush I was planning on doing something similar to what you recommend. In reading for the last 3 days about flushing trying to figure out how to actually use this I've read a few things, one being it's better to flush with clear water for at least a brief period before using a flush agent. So I had been thinking of doing this:

24hrs clear PH'd RO water.
48hrs Final Phase RO water
4-5 days of clear PH'd RO water

This would rinse the system, then use Final Phase, then go back to clear water to kill any taste from the Final Phase. But the whole 6 hr thing makes me worry about even trying this. Your dual 6 hr thing makes me worry about not enough of a flush, since my bottle says to use it for the whole week. Is what is in my bottle an older formula, different than what is in your bottle? The questions are endless because the two sets of instructions are extreme opposites from each other... 6 hours or the whole week right up until you cut them down.

Really, I can't use this stuff. I'm not willing to risk it. This discussion has made me see that. These people REALLY need to get their act together, I've never seen anything like this before.

U

up yours

I spoke w/ an to find out years back eric at mondo pro shop said to run twice and then 24 hours later half dose of sensizym ialso use calcium syrup for sweetness at this time I use clearex it id available to meand workss it makes it a better looking finished product if you run longer it cab really stress hope I helped let me know peace folks

D

Disco Duck

I've only been considering Final Phase and Drip Clean because I don't think I've ever seen anyone say that they use GH's FloraKleen. Does FloraKleen have a bad reputation or something? I don't ever see anyone talk about using that. The reason I ask is that the place I got the Final Phase doesn't carry H&G, but they do carry GH. I'm sure he would just trade me FloraKleen for the Final Phase I got from him, but I've been concerned about FloraKleen even though I am using the rest of the GH lineup because I never see anyone saying they use it.

Is there a reason nobody ever talks about using FloraKleen? That is definately my cheepest way to go at this point. The "full week"/"6 hours" split even instructions for Final Phase are just not worth the risk of flipping a coin and trying it either way. FloraKleen actually says to use it half the week, and then clear water for half the week which is about exactly what I'd like to do. Does it FloraKleen have a bad reputation or something?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I have used it - my results were ok - I still prefer molasses (1tbsp per 5 gal) 2-3 days and then just water

you will see a resin boost with the molasses, never seen that with drip cleen or florakleen

D

Disco Duck

I don't think I can use anthing organic in my system. I think the sprayer would turn the molases into a foam pretty fast. I remember reading somewhere when I was setting all this up that it was important to not put anything organic into it.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
ahhh fuck DD - missed the part about your sprayers - sometimes I be smoking too much of the herbs

OGONLY

OGONLY

Hey DD, I hear your consern and understand 100%. We put a lot of time, money and love into our girls and it would suck to have one thing mess it all up. I have done hours of research on just about every detail regarding my grows. I feel like you do in not trusting certain practices without proof of results. Let me give you my analysis of your situation now that I know your medium.

Since you are not using a medium that retains a lot of salt (coco, rockwool, and soil do) flushng your medium will be easy and not require the excessive leaching other mediums do. You can easily get away without using a flushing agent in your case. F.F. and G.H's product don't actually go into your plant and cause them to start purging chemicals. They are mainly used to release salt and impurities from your medium. Straight water is the best agent for allowing the plant to cleans from the inside IMO. Since you are running hydroton, the salt build up on your rocks will be easily released with repettive clean water rinsings. The flushing agents might expidite things, but flushing your medium is simple.

I really do believe though that you can not affect your plants taste in a bad way by using any of the 3 flushing agents you described if the directions are followed. I know you said thedirections are contradictory. It could be that there are 2 different versions of Final Phase, one newer than the other. In that case you should be ok following the directions on your bottle.

Don't stress too much over this part. Like I said, flushing in your medium is pretty much a no brainer. Just make sure and let pure water coarse through them for at least 5 days. Taste should be good as long as you dry and cure properly and there is no mold.

D

Disco Duck

Wow, that was great OG, thanks. I needed a more powerful magnafying glass and I brought the FF in with me and just traded it for FloraKleen. I'm going to go 24 hours water, 48 Florakleen, then 4 or 5 days on clear water. Between the res changes to keep diluting/rinsing and the cleaner in the middle I feel safe that I have given it all the flush it wants.

Now all I can do it cross my fingers and hope it's all worked out well.

B

Buddy Flowers

"Is there a reason nobody ever talks about using FloraKleen?"

i use it but just dont talk about it i guess. what's to talk about? over thinking the flushing phase must suck...

B

bud12thman

Hey man I got the answer here...lol did anyone call advanced nutrients...they will tell you everything..lol

Any who..use bud candy before it it will double your yeild

So use it once medium is dry as directed for 24 to 36 hours TOPS...then flush with 3 times the pot size..it swells the molecules in the pots or whatever your using so the roots can't absorb anything...but water...there for u can nutes for an extra week and flush in seven days..buds have never formed so nicely..I got 8 Oz's off just one indoor blue dream ...2nd grow...and btw no real hood..I was horrible..but those two do it for me every time...I hope u see this because I joined tchfarmer for this post...I hope it helps lol

Delerium

Delerium

Used it before. it is Citric Acid. Run that for your 3-7-10 day flush, read the bottle, haven't had it on the shelf for 2 years.

Top Bottom