Flushed, Harvested, Stems Snapped Before Jarring And 7 Day Dry? Smell Like Hay?

• Thread starter mdmd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mdmd

I jarred my sour cheese and scoutmaster after the stems could be snapped with two fingers. The jarred produce smells like hay and absolutely no dank smell whatsoever. Trichome coverage is good, flushed appropriately near end. Buds look perfect but lack the terpene dankness. If anything they may be a bit on the dry side, should I throw a boveda in the jars and let em sit for a couple weeks burping appropriately?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I jarred my sour cheese and scoutmaster after the stems could be snapped with two fingers. The jarred produce smells like hay and absolutely no dank smell whatsoever. Trichome coverage is good, flushed appropriately near end. Buds look perfect but lack the terpene dankness. If anything they may be a bit on the dry side, should I throw a boveda in the jars and let em sit for a couple weeks burping appropriately?
You over dried them and its kinda too late for a cure... Next time dont go by 7 days... Go till the stem feels like a soda straw..bends not snaps. You cant use 7 days as a rule. If i had 2 plants and hung one in florida and one in arizona.. One would be ready for jars in 2 weeks vs 3 days haha

M

mdmd

Well shit, I figured i over dried them. I hung them stalk and bud in a dark dedicated room with controlled temp 65F and humidity at relative 55-60%. I was under the impression you wanted the stems to snap before jarring. Oh well, still potent just no terpene profile and smell.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Could you describe how you flushed them at the end? Like how long, how many waterings, flush solution composition and EC? I think your answer may be in there.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Well shit, I figured i over dried them. I hung them stalk and bud in a dark dedicated room with controlled temp 65F and humidity at relative 55-60%. I was under the impression you wanted the stems to snap before jarring. Oh well, still potent just no terpene profile and smell.
Theoretically if the RH was actually 55-60 and the temps were 65 then it shouldn’t over dry period. The rh of whatever you’re drying can’t really get below the rh kfbrhe surrohnding area. At that temp and rh you’re essentially curing while hanging.
Now if the rh is 50 or below it will over dry pretty quick.
Next time go in jars sooner and burb as needed. You’ll get it down. Try to keep the rh of the room 60. The bud rh won’t get below 60

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

squeeze the bud..
is it icky sticky? does it stink?
if so, throw in a jar...burp

if is not sticky and u got no smell other than hay...then feed it to the horse.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

A stem snapping at 120° is a different moisture content than a stem snapping at 35°. You can use the angle as a guide. You have to know what works for you first. Past 45 is too wet. Perhaps that gives a bit of subjectivity to the topic. This is probably how caveman invented geometry, to dry weed consistently.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If its already fucked it might be worth trying to water cure some of it. I am hellish curious to see if it will get rid of the hay smell. I think it will but also will get rid of other desirable smells. If you do please let me know the results.

Top Bottom