Flushing Between Veg & Flower 'necessary Or Not?

• Thread starter Mickygreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mickygreen

Mickygreen

Hello , I'm at the 7day point after flipping to 12/12 and I'm noticing a low ph reading in the runoff, I've been feeding 'gh flora nutes from the start and I'm up to week 2 on there feeding chart.
Ppm inn : 700/800
Ppm out : 600/680
Ph inn :5.8/6.2
Ph out : 5.2/5.4

I'm thinking that after 50days of veg heavy nitrogen nutes it's time to flush the coco/perlite media with a low ppm nutes mix that consists of.......................
2 x 20l of filtered water 'ppm 220 ph 7.8,
2 x tbsps black strap molasses
Micra 1/4 strength
Grow 1/4 strength
Bloom 1/4 strength
Total ppm = 350
Total ph = 6.2

I'm basically going to run this mix through the coco/perlite until the ph/ppm is the same as what I'm putting inn? Once this is reached I will then feed in a 1/2 strength bloom mix of.....
Micra 5 ml
Grow 2.5ml
Bloom 7.5 ml

So is this a good way of doing so as far as the ph goes? I thought because my ph drops after time I would start a little higher than 5.8 and start at 6.2?

d0rk2dafullest

d0rk2dafullest

i usually feed veg nutes + early pk boosters. and then at end of week 2 flower, ill flush and then start feeding heavy pk boosters. it's not really necessary. but yeah. you gotta do whats right for the girls. try it and see if ur girls like it. and then the next round dont do it. see if u will notice a difference. i only do what i do because that's what i was taught. im sure other ppl will help u out as well! also i was taught to flush every week. this was when i was growing in rockwool. but since then i've gone to coco. and i still implement it.

Samoan

Samoan

Based off of my own research,

Light feeding shouldn't leave a large buildup of salts if you aren't letting your coco coir dry out.

Anyone Correct me if am wrong but I believe that's one of the main reasons for a salt build-up in coco-coir.

I read that some farmers like to just decrease the feed strength every third watering and some might even include some other additives that are not part of the normal feed regimen on that day as well.

I have also read that you should never give your plants plain water unless you are flushing prior to harvest.

It is suggested to always have a low dose of your nutrients in your water because the buffer in the coco coir can be upset.

And what exactly do they mean by "buffer"?

I'm guessing everything is sort of stripped away from the coco possibly hurting the symbiotic relationship between the plants roots, the coco coir, and the colony of bennificial microbes that you might have in there?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Based off of my own research,

Light feeding shouldn't leave a large buildup of salts if you aren't letting your coco coir dry out.

Anyone Correct me if am wrong but I believe that's one of the main reasons for a salt build-up in coco-coir.

I read that some farmers like to just decrease the feed strength every third watering and some might even include some other additives that are not part of the normal feed regimen on that day as well.

I have also read that you should never give your plants plain water unless you are flushing prior to harvest.

It is suggested to always have a low dose of your nutrients in your water because the buffer in the coco coir can be upset.

And what exactly do they mean by "buffer"?

I'm guessing everything is sort of stripped away from the coco possibly hurting the symbiotic relationship between the plants roots, the coco coir, and the colony of bennificial microbes that you might have in there?
Buffered coco has already been pre fertilized with calcium iron and magnesium.

Latest posts

Top Bottom