Flushing Coco Salt Build Up Mid Grow

• Thread starter TooDabbed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TooDabbed

Whats everyone's opinion on the subject? Feel like not flushing with ph'd tap water would cause excessive salt build up beginning to mid flower and leave veg nutrients present in the coco while transitioning to flower causing a longer pre-flowering period to flowering.

This is just my humble opinion but running 2-3 gal of Ph'd tap water (to replace calcium and mag in the coco) and then running maybe 1-2 ml/gal Calimagic through the coir for 2 more gal (again to buffer the coco) 2 days before switching to 12/12 would induce flowering and pistol development a couple of days quicker (negating the need for pre-bloom boosters)!

Dabbed

Tnelz

Tnelz

Whats everyone's opinion on the subject? Feel like not flushing with ph'd tap water would cause excessive salt build up beginning to mid flower and leave veg nutrients present in the coco while transitioning to flower causing a longer pre-flowering period to flowering.

This is just my humble opinion but running 2-3 gal of Ph'd tap water (to replace calcium and mag in the coco) and then running maybe 1-2 ml/gal Calimagic through the coir for 2 more gal (again to buffer the coco) 2 days before switching to 12/12 would induce flowering and pistol development a couple of days quicker (negating the need for pre-bloom boosters)!

Dabbed
I don't use pre bloom boosters nor do I do anything special at all besides continue veg nutes 1 2 weeks into bloom. If u want to keep salt buildup to a minimum get slf100. Never have a salt issue again. Or just keep your runoff up around 20 percent and it should never be an issue. If you do flush with plain water you will do more harm than good. No reason to do this is you fertilized correctly in the first place. Knocks everything out of whack. If you feel the need to flush do so with a low ec nutrient solution.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

Dabbed
Welcome to the farm. I agree initially with the premise, but the plan of execution (flushing with *just* water, at such large volumes) can lead to problems IME. I prefer to alternate strong feedings with feedings of such a low EC that they can act as a 'flush.' It will save on water, and again IME does an excellent job of preventing salt buildup in the media. I like to use Fox Farms Big Bloom for the 'flush' stage, a la my messed up version of the Big Ricky formula. This way of doing things also allows an easier transition into flowering, because the P boosts are given every 10 days or so. Because it's all based on FloraNova Bloom from the get-go, the adjustments are really in adding more P to the mix.

May I also suggest getting separate Ca and Mg products, and trying a run using a 4:1 ratio of Ca:Mg? I think you may be surprised at the results. Alternating the Ca and Mg feedings will allow you to push the NPK a bit harder here, too.

Top Bottom