Flushing Debate Again, I Know..

• Thread starter Apollo13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Apollo13

Apollo13

I hear a lot of people saying flushing is a myth..If flushing weren't important, why do some nutrient manufacturers tell u to flush the last few days when they tell u to add crazy amounts any other time to get u to use it fast. That makes no sense except to sell flush. They are wasting a great opportunity for u to waste more nutrients. So i think there is a reason and its not a myth. I have had issues with taste not flushing. I dry it the same. I flush. Minimum of 3 days with water or flush. It's cheaper and I feel logically the plant will have less materials in the bud and stress it a little possibly producing more thc. Would it be as simple as a test of thc percentage on flushed bud and not flushed bud from the same grow.. instead of people making observations and forming opinions. Seems there should be some science behind it. Either yes, or no..I wish I didn't need my flushing buckets. It would make my perpetual uc much easier. I swear I can tell the difference...

S

SHIRDABZALOT

I have held my tongue in cheek on this discussion for a while. I am just gonna say that I will take the fuckin Pepsi challenge against ANYONE who doesn't flush......anytime....anywhere. Guaranteed 1000% you will pick the flushed MEDICINE. EVER'aTIME. ALL THE TIME.people that don't flush don't give a shit about there meds or the people that consume them....in short they are just Cashcroppers! I don't give a fuck what crafty "science" you read on some horticulture study that says it's unnecessary or counter productive.....all bullshit.point blank and simple. I grow organically and I still flush. EVERYTIME. 2 weeks minimum. 8 weeks of feed then flush each and every pot until it is 6.3-6.5 ph and less than 300 ppm's at .7 scale runoff on day 63 of a 70 day cycle. I grow medicine not weed. There's a difference and if you don't know now ya know. I internally chuckle at all these people that say flushing don't matter, or the best: I don't flush my tomatoes, why would I flush my pot? Simple retort: when's the last time you got 32 a p for your tomatoes?

Apollo13

Apollo13

I agree 100% as well. However, I would like some proof. I think it can be proven. Wish someone with access to a chromatography machine (or whatever that thing is)and a dialed in grow would figure this out.

Apollo13

Apollo13

Yes I'm speaking of hydro only really.. Microbes make soil impossible to flush imo, but maybe u could kill microbes with h2o2, zoNE or sm90..lol idk i never tried..

I think that no flushed bud should weigh more and flushed should hava a higher thc percentage. Seems like California should know this already..I find it hard to believe nobody's done this..

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Ok....first and foremost I want to say this. I AM NOT SAYING THAT FLUSHING IS RIGHT OR WRONG!!! I would LOVE to see some cold hard scientific data on the subject broken down into terpene profiles, thc and yield.

Personally......I ramp down. I am in Coco, and have been using the same coco for 4 years now. I never give them JUST water. I have used flushing agents like AN's final flush, H16's Finish, FulPower, and NOTG's Herculean Harvest.

I really like what the owner of NOTG has to say about flushing......and the flawed ideas behind it.

If you wanna skip over the whole line....fast forward to 9:30

organicpanic

organicpanic

Ive had unflushed chem grown hydro that was super smooth and terpy. Ive had fully organic live soil flushed that was super harsh and lacking flavor also. I think its too dependant on genetics,environment and every little variable that affects the way a plant turns out to come to a conclusion. Just my opinion

Apollo13

Apollo13

Well, that super smooth hydro may have been better flushed...I think all things being perfect, there is a right answer, least for most genetics and thc % is concerned. So no environmental difference because the samples would be in the same environment. You would eliminate the differences, and measure them...

Bannacis

Bannacis

I have held my tongue in cheek on this discussion for a while. I am just gonna say that I will take the fuckin Pepsi challenge against ANYONE who doesn't flush......anytime....anywhere. Guaranteed 1000% you will pick the flushed MEDICINE. EVER'aTIME. ALL THE TIME.people that don't flush don't give a shit about there meds or the people that consume them....in short they are just Cashcroppers! I don't give a fuck what crafty "science" you read on some horticulture study that says it's unnecessary or counter productive.....all bullshit.point blank and simple. I grow organically and I still flush. EVERYTIME. 2 weeks minimum. 8 weeks of feed then flush each and every pot until it is 6.3-6.5 ph and less than 300 ppm's at .7 scale runoff on day 63 of a 70 day cycle. I grow medicine not weed. There's a difference and if you don't know now ya know. I internally chuckle at all these people that say flushing don't matter, or the best: I don't flush my tomatoes, why would I flush my pot? Simple retort: when's the last time you got 32 a p for your tomatoes?

I'm with ya on this too! not only does it clean out any left over nutes, it also lets the plant ripen to its full potential. thing is I bet if you were able to control your tomato harvest and flush, I bet they would be better. peace

Bannacis

Bannacis

Imo, flushing is for synthetic...how do I flush my girls planted in the ground? There are always nutrients in a living soil.

Mostly flushing is for potted plants, nature does the flushing for in ground.

Latest posts

Top Bottom