Flushing, Drying, Curing, In Sc

• Thread starter 420healer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

420healer

I'm new to the site. Have over a 6ft monster in a DWC stand alone bucket. It's approaching week 12 of flower and still continues to throw white pistils.

Also was wondering about flushing. Have found a lot of debate on this stage. I bought some Grandma's old fashion molasses, however haven't started the flush because some say it's good to flush while others say it's bad?

Also what's the best method of drying/curing? I've done a couple of grows...but I always get the drying/curing process messed up. Ending up with hay/grass smelling cannabis. I live in SC BTW. Anyone have any TRUE helpful info on these issues? Any good advice would be GREATLY appreciated

jipp

jipp

welcome, yeah man pictures.. so what sativa are you growing.

chris.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I'm new to the site. Have over a 6ft monster in a DWC stand alone bucket. It's approaching week 12 of flower and still continues to throw white pistils.

Also was wondering about flushing. Have found a lot of debate on this stage. I bought some Grandma's old fashion molasses, however haven't started the flush because some say it's good to flush while others say it's bad?

Also what's the best method of drying/curing? I've done a couple of grows...but I always get the drying/curing process messed up. Ending up with hay/grass smelling cannabis. I live in SC BTW. Anyone have any TRUE helpful info on these issues? Any good advice would be GREATLY appreciated

if it smells like that u are letting it dry out to fast u need a room with like 40 humi and good air flow

think it was ever 10 points of humi is 1 day of hanging with out air flow

indicabush

indicabush

Howdy and welcome to the farm South Cackalacky...

Curing starts the minute you cut your plant down. Drying takes several days depending on your environment (70 degrees/50% humidity approximately). I like to trim my flowers hang them upside down to dry and wait for the stems to snap cleanly (flowers s/b dry to the touch). Store in a mason jar and open daily for a week or two until your satisfied with your product.

I never flush just my choice (complete organic grow soil medium).

I use Molasses plus once a week through out my grows to feed the soil.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

If your in DWC,
you will need to leach your plants with water. If you don't you will have the common mistake of many hydro growers, nasty synthetic filled harsh bud.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

I stop adding nutes a couple of weeks before I believe I will be harvesting. I just top off with pH balanced water only

420healer

Thanks for the warm welcome! And sorry it took so long to get back. It's now approaching week 13 of flower, still has white pistils! I've some pics, but idk if you'll be able to tell from the photos I currently have. I need to take some fresh ones.

So should I flush with the Grandma's old fashion molasses? And if so how much p/glln? I'll post pics soon.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Thanks for the warm welcome! And sorry it took so long to get back. It's now approaching week 13 of flower, still has white pistils! I've some pics, but idk if you'll be able to tell from the photos I currently have. I need to take some fresh ones.

So should I flush with the Grandma's old fashion molasses? And if so how much p/glln? I'll post pics soon.
That's for organic to feed microbes,
generally speaking with salts you dont have to worry about that, it's more important to get that bud free synthetics.

420healer

This might make me sound like an idiot...but I think I just misunderstood what you're saying zen. What exactly do you mean by "bud free synthetics"?

So I can just chop her down? Also to all of you that are great at the drying and curing process...and this is gonna seem like kind of a lot. However is anyone willing to give me a step by step tutorial on how to?

I mean should I chop her, and hang the entire plant, let her dry then trim?
Or should I cut individual branches and do a wet trim then hang those, should I add a cool mist humidifier? I know it sounds like a brand newb thing to ask...in a since I guess it is. Lol. But I need some...broken down like you're talking to a 6yr old step by step instructions. Lol. This SC weather is...unpredictable for lack of a better term. It's hot and humid as hell one day....then super cool the next. So, I'm at a loss? I'm tired of $$$ going down the drain! I CANNOT afford to have another crop go good until harvest and I end up with hay smelling BS!

So ANYONE who has enough experience with this issue and could help me would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the mini novel. Lol..I'm just stuck at this...and really could use some help/guidance on how to do this properly. I'd like to get some of those...the name escapes me at the moment. But the little cure packets that automatically make your cure at 62% if I'm not mistaken...but I'm not even going to lie. I'm flat broke and can't afford it right now. Again apologies for the long post. But I'm desperate...thanks in advance

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

This might make me sound like an idiot...but I think I just misunderstood what you're saying zen. What exactly do you mean by "bud free synthetics"?
Bud free of synthetic nutrients. Man made, non organic..

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

So I can just chop her down? Also to all of you that are great at the drying and curing process...and this is gonna seem like kind of a lot. However is anyone willing to give me a step by step tutorial on how to?

I mean should I chop her, and hang the entire plant, let her dry then trim?
Or should I cut individual branches and do a wet trim then hang those, should I add a cool mist humidifier? I know it sounds like a brand newb thing to ask...in a since I guess it is. Lol. But I need some...broken down like you're talking to a 6yr old step by step instructions. Lol. This SC weather is...unpredictable for lack of a better term. It's hot and humid as hell one day....then super cool the next.

I can certainly tell you what I did for my last harvest but I don't have a ton experience.
My last harvest I split into two. I harvested two plants one week and then harvested the other two plants the next week. I only did this because the first two plants looked ready and the other two didn't.

Chopping:
1. First thing I did once I new I was ready to harvest is let the plants stay in the dark an extra cycle.
2. I chopped large branches at the end of the extended dark cycle.

Initial Trimming:
3. Removed all the large fan leaves an any leave that doesn't have any trichomes (sugar).
4a. I wet trimmed the buds on the first harvest.
4b. Did not wet trim the second harvest.

Drying:
5. Hung branches upside down in my 2x2x4 drying tent.
6. Had fan constantly moving air in the tent, do not aimed directly at the bud.
7. Checked daily for crispy bud and small bud stem rigidity. Mine took roughly 5 or 6 days .
Note: make sure the drying process is always in the dark except for checking buds for dryness.
Note: the temperatures were in the low 70s and the ambient humidity was around 40%
Note: to raise humidity in the drying tent, just add a pot full of water on the floor of the tent.
Note: to lower humidity, use a dehumidifier in the surrounding room It's not supper critical

Trimming:
8. Once the bud seemed crispy and the small stems were not easily bent without braking, time for final trim
9. Final trim of the buds, removing any remaining sugar leaves that have dried up and turned in.

Curing:
10. Placed bud in 1 quart mason jars 3/4 full and put in a small hydrometer.
11. Check humidity a couple times a day initially, if RH is above 70%, take out of jars and dry on a try in the drying tent for another day.
12. If between 70% and 65%, open jars a couple times a day for 30 to 60 minutes.
13. If between 65% and 60% open once a day for 15 minutes or so
Note: when I open them up, I shake the buds to make sure they are not sticking together.
14. If between 60% and 55%, open them up once or twice a week for a few minutes to circulate fresh air, this is where I like to be for the rest of the time.
15. Curing seems to take a minimum of 3 weeks

Like I said in the beginning, this is what I do, many people do things differently. The bottom line is "don't dry too quickly" ... just like the tortoise and the hare, slow and steady wins the race.

420healer

Thanks for all the info. This helps a lot! Now I know there is a lot of back and forth about flushing. So I'm still not sure if I'm going to do a flush?

Some swear by doing so, while others are adimate about it not being necessary for DWC....and this may seem like a stupid question, but how do you upload photos?

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

Thanks for all the info. This helps a lot! Now I know there is a lot of back and forth about flushing. So I'm still not sure if I'm going to do a flush?

Some swear by doing so, while others are adimate about it not being necessary for DWC....and this may seem like a stupid question, but how do you upload photos?

there is an "Upload a File" button, click that, select the file, click the "full" button once it's uploaded. That should go it from a normal browser.

420healer

20170703 190403

420healer

Here are some pics. Need to take some better ones. These were just taken on the fly

420healer

That's a vertical "scrOG that I pieced together with a little schedule 40 PVC pipes. Kinda ghetto but works.

Latest posts

Top Bottom