Flushing...how often in Promix soiless?

• Thread starter JH420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JH420

JH420

So I'm in the final week of flower on my babies...they were previously watered/fed 2 litres of water every 5th day. The buckets are 11 litres (3 gallons). Last week I gave my plants their initial flushing, pouring 12-14 litres through each pot...I plan to do the same this week, and then chop this weekend. That would mean that I only flushed my plants twice in this last 2 weeks. Is that suffeciant? I have used Advanced Nutes throughout and I would say I applied them fairly generously. Also, come chop time my buckets won't be near dried out if I give them another flushing this week...is that a problem?

So in summary...is 2 flushes at the end suffeciant and is it ok to chop if the soiless medium isn't dry?

TIA...JH

S

SSHZ

Where your nutes organic or chemical? Personally, I like to flush chem nutes for at least 2 weeks, sometimes longer if they are still deeply green. Organic nutes don't need as much flushing and I usually go 7-10 days with those.....

smokedherb

smokedherb

I would give it one more flush but you should be ok with the two.

H

HEAVY-T

How often and how much to u flush with ?? Do you use any flush/rinse product? I go soiless and was considering flushig for 3 weeks considering I only use 1 gallon pots with the rinse agent. I also use organic PV. Am I seriously off track with my flushing?

B

BayArea

I'm an avid Pro-mix guy - I flush twice in the last 10 days or so usually. My first "flush" however, has added mollasses....

JH420

JH420

Thanks for the replies...I've been using chem nutes by Advanced...two flushings it shall be.

JH420

JH420

Is it ok to do my second flush before the soil has dried from the previous flush?

S

SSHZ

I let my pots dry pretty well before watering, especially late in flowering. I think the dryness helps the plants finish off quicker (and the plants will dry quicker cause they have less water thru them)......

Top Bottom