Flushing is a bad practice based on flawed science.

• Thread starter YarraSparra
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
And a very proper, by the book, dry and cure...

BTW, I've hit many forum sites since the beginning of this first grow and am very impressed with the level of discussion and assistance provided by the members of thcfarmer.

thnx

phil

Welcome, Phil. This is a great community. Which book will you be curing by? There are few hundred of those too, but that's a topic for it's own thread (which there are many of here).

Happy Growing!

outwest

philbu

philbu

Welcome, Phil. This is a great community. Which book will you be curing by? There are few hundred of those too, but that's a topic for it's own thread (which there are many of here).

Thnx. Ha!, no real book, just a mashup of notes taken from all the articles I've read on the subject. I'll take a look at a couple threads here. The process is actually a bit more cut and dried, so to speak, than all the other novice issues, from room design to scrog technique to spider mites - this end result should be fine... and even better next round.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
LOL that would depend on who you ask @philbu ;) Welcome btw :D

20kwDreamer

20kwDreamer

I don't really flush at the end, I do cut N the last few weeks and ramp down the rest of my feeding regiment the last few days. I let them dry up a little more than usual and water a little heavier than usual as well. This is in peat/perl/verm/lime or rockwool. I've always believed in what @Capulator said, N at the end gives you a bad burn and black ash.

straincreation

straincreation

so can we come to a conclusion on what flushing is. i believe its dumping about three times volumes of water of that of the plant. the last ten days of flower, also how does every one feel about flush formulas? i think plain water is good. is there any other thoughts.
really all in all that is the subject, flushing , not cutting back, straight flushing giving you mad runoff type flushing. so any one ? i really want do do this the unanimous way when i share results that i get .
happy farmin;)

QLTYlab

QLTYlab

I'll add my observation. I.run dwc and use gh "lucas method". I give plants plain water for the last three days and I felt good about flushing out harmful nutes. I'm my biggest consumer. I was always happy with the burn. On one cycle with a plant I know well and have grown countless times (valley ghash) I gave it plain water as usual but the plants that were supposed to replace them were vegging slow and wernt ready to flip. so I kept topping off with plain water. When I finally chopped them down it didn't burn worth shit black ash and you had to light the doobie on every hit. so I think over flushed weed is as bad as over nuted weed. Keep the ladies happy till you chop them down and your product will be better.

I had an old ask ed book and he said the p level directly affected the burn. Now that book was from the eighties so take it for what it's worth.

nailed it imo, there is a window to flush properly. i really hope people aren't feeding right up until harvest, yuck.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
It appears we had a @YarraSparra look alike on here earlier. He has been removed, I've cleaned up the mess and I'm unlocking this thread (for the time being). As many of you know I have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to trolls on here. Fuck around and I'll ban you personally. The amount of trolling, flaming and off topic bullshit has been out of control on this site lately. Tread lightly folks....If I see any off topic posts, flaming , trolling, etc. in this thread or any others then....

click80

click80

It appears we had a @YarraSparra look alike on here earlier. He has been removed, I've cleaned up the mess and I'm unlocking this thread (for the time being). As many of you know I have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to trolls on here. Fuck around and I'll ban you personally. The amount of trolling, flaming and off topic bullshit has been out of control on this site lately. Tread lightly folks....If I see any off topic posts, flaming , trolling, etc. in this thread or any others then....
View attachment 438529

I would like to ask you to unluck Yarra's other thread on fast curing also? I would very much like to see that progress as I cannot message Yarra and don't want to go off topic here, more than I already have.

click80

click80

Thanks Delae. I really appreciate it. I hope people will respect the move. The information from The Farm is important, and in my opinion more comprehensive and accurate than any I have read elsewhere. Both of these threads are prime examples, of the accuracy and attention to details and importance at least. :)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I grow organicly fed outdoor in beds.
I give them lots of water near the end..
no food for the last month just water and maybe so molasses and bennie teas
Mostly lots of water to hopfully, make em swell up :)

DO IT

DO IT

At the end of the day what makes MJ bad or harsh is burning the plant matter and creating carcinogens. The rest of the things we consume every day have the same minerals as the MJ you smoke. The only difference is we do not smoke our food to consume it, so a cattle farmer does not "flush" his cows to get all the "bad minerals" out before the beef goes to market. The same way orange groves do not flush their orange trees before harvesting them to remove the "bad minerals" the plant consumed during the year. I guarantee if you burn any of these things you will get black carbon ash not that white "clean" ash. The best way to consume it is to eat it or vape it and please do not STARVE your TREE'S. ;)

Supercharge

Supercharge

But that makes no sense, those minerals are incorporated into the plant's tissues. Flushing won't get rid of them. For minerals that are mobile, where to you think the plant mobilizes them to? The areas of active growth and high importance. Thus, if you're flushing at the end of the growth cycle (i.e. in bud), any minerals that are mobilized will be mobilized to the buds, not away from them. The best you could hope to achieve with this concept/method is a decrease of minerals in the sap of the phloem.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

IMAG0644

If I'm not mistaken and please correct me if I'm wrong, in a situation where everything the plant needs is available except for nutrients in the rootzone the plant will indeed send stored sugars and whatever else the plant can send to roots to feed rizhosphere in one last attempt to stay alive.....

Threads got potential

I'm not for a literal flush which is three times the amount of container size of water through roots in one watering.... I am for feeding the soil and soil feeding plant and plant using up stored food via the the fade
IMAG0645

Last edited:
UCMETOO

UCMETOO

Definitely seems like there are varying definitions of what a flush means. I've always used the term to mean giving water thelast week in order for the plant to use any excess stored before harvest.

QLTYlab,.....this is where the conversation should have started. Having an assumption everyone uses terminology in the same way, or even defines the terms in a universal way is a huge problem, and one that's not going anywhre soon untill we take the time to define the terms used, agree on said definition or meaning and work to keep each other using the terminology in an agreed upon and consistant way.

That's what i was trying to get through to Yarra, that he / she had made a eronious assumption that we all agree on what "drying" "Curing" "dried" "Cured" "Chrispy" "Completely dry" are, well we do not. i find it very funny that somany people fail to be clear and once you challenge them for it they spend the rest of the conversation being defensive ( and proving you correct, by failing to clearify anything) and arguementitive.

Top Bottom