Flushing is a bad practice based on flawed science.

• Thread starter YarraSparra
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
midwestdensies

midwestdensies

@midwestdensies I have tried to feed that low a few times and never had good yield off of it but you are correct in it being a sound way to grow I am a huge supporter of don't over feed (however I am a hypocritical joke on this matter) but i also feel that if you have the cash for the nutrients and can flush super well then I see no problem with going all the way up to 2500 (if you have heavy feeders and do it gradually) I only recommend doing something like this in hydroton because it is real easy to kill your entire crop ( I never have but in soil yes at this numbers ) by putting so much into rockwool or soil it will burn the roots but just 10 min of plain water on hydroton and bare root every few hours seems to work super for me
I generally yield around 1gpw of fairly high quality and as dense as my name suggests.

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

:DHey bro whatever your doing is working for you keep on keeping on never fix what isn't broken and we probably shouldn't try and reinvent the wheel either:pompus:

O

organiclover

midwest - how many watts per square foot are you rocking and what type of system ? DWC ?
I would most def go deficient feeding that lightly in rooms with 50w/ft2 in peat

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

midwest - how many watts per square foot are you rocking and what type of system ? DWC ?
I would most def go deficient feeding that lightly in rooms with 50w/ft2 in peat
My flower room is roughly 160 sq ft and last pull was 11 lb minus larf. So around 30 grams per sq ft. I'm rocking coco beds dtw fed every day for 2 mins.. I'd like to play with the feeds adventually for even better results hopefully. I'm glad all these methods work for everyone. Several ways to skin a deer

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

^^^^^
Less Is More!!!!! I am Learning that more and more with the more I experiment. I used to use up to 14 ML H&G Base a gallon! and this round with the same strain doing about ten in peak weeks. SAME RESULTS maybe even frostier, yield should be the same. I can attest to this statement. Less is more MWD, keep slaying.

For the record, I Flush with regular PH'd water every week after two feeds and It seems to save money, so why would you spend more money on the same results? Then I flush for AT LEAST 10 days before I pull. Have you ever tasted nutrient rich nuggets??? full of chemicals and gnarlyness, not my favorite, taste is so off, like pepper. Remember in NATURE these plants take the nutrients from the sun and microbial organic life to produce the correct NPK ratios in the wild. When its produced naturally and not saturated chemically of course its going to tastes better. Im pretty sure everyone who grows dank and has nice flavor will say you need to flush out the nutes. People were saying once a chemical is in the leaf it never comes out. Sure there will always be residuals but when a thing is fully flushed like a tree the leaves change colors. and you can SEE that there are no nutrients left in the thing.

FLUSHED BUDS
Non Flushed buds

ALL DAY.

DO IT

DO IT

My flower room is roughly 160 sq ft and last pull was 11 lb minus larf. So around 30 grams per sq ft. I'm rocking coco beds dtw fed every day for 2 mins.. I'd like to play with the feeds adventually for even better results hopefully. I'm glad all these methods work for everyone. Several ways to skin a deer

How many watts in that 160sqft???

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

^^^^^
Less Is More!!!!! I am Learning that more and more with the more I experiment. I used to use up to 14 ML H&G Base a gallon! and this round with the same strain doing about ten in peak weeks. SAME RESULTS maybe even frostier, yield should be the same. I can attest to this statement. Less is more MWD, keep slaying.

For the record, I Flush with regular PH'd water every week after two feeds and It seems to save money, so why would you spend more money on the same results? Then I flush for AT LEAST 10 days before I pull. Have you ever tasted nutrient rich nuggets??? full of chemicals and gnarlyness, not my favorite, taste is so off, like pepper. Remember in NATURE these plants take the nutrients from the sun and microbial organic life to produce the correct NPK ratios in the wild. When its produced naturally and not saturated chemically of course its going to tastes better. Im pretty sure everyone who grows dank and has nice flavor will say you need to flush out the nutes. People were saying once a chemical is in the leaf it never comes out. Sure there will always be residuals but when a thing is fully flushed like a tree the leaves change colors. and you can SEE that there are no nutrients left in the thing.

FLUSHED BUDS
Non Flushed buds

ALL DAY.
I never go over 5 ml of and and b each HG base. So I even use 1/2 what your using.

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

I use 5 ml per gallon of BL I never need to go over that if I use more I would be at like 3000kppm plus it is the recommended amount on the bottle for heavy feed 3 is normal keeps me at about 800 when i bump to 5 Get 1500 even then if i feel like they want more I will add in some blasters boosters and or hardeners

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

I don't like smoking chlorophyll, but I like smoking a lot of what chlorophyll breaks down into. That's why I like to flush...

10646845 930839890270356 8529520491492187155 n

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Last edited:
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Thank you, your post coaxed me go look it up :bookworm: Those terms were familiar from my reading on autumn leaf colors, interesting that it's actually the breakdown of green chlorophyll un-masking the others.

Fwiw I think all this fade/flushing stuff is just forced early senescence.
Would you mind reminding us what senescence is man thats a cool word

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Thank you, your post coaxed me go look it up :bookworm: Those terms were familiar from my reading on autumn leaf colors, interesting that it's actually the breakdown of green chlorophyll un-masking the others.

Fwiw I think all this fade/flushing stuff is just forced early senescence.

Yeah I thought that part about pigments always being present was interesting too...I've always viewed flushing as forced senscence, and always tried to have a low pH at the end of the cycle so the colors really pop (anthocyanin really shows itself at a lower ph esp with cool temps).

And @caveman4.20 senescence is the natural process of plants shedding their leaves either for cold season or at the end of its life cycle. Basically the process of autumn colors :)

Tuku

Tuku

@We Solidarity, senescence is more than that, it's the process of aging. In cells, division can only occur a predetermined numbers of times (a range not a specific number and dependent on cell type and organism) before division ceases and eventual apoptosis occurs (programmed cell death). This happens as during mitosis (cell division) mutations can occur through replication errors. The greater the number of times a cell divides, the more the chance of replication errors occurring grows. Senescence also refers to the process of aging in organisms as a whole.

Top Bottom