Flushing Methods

• Thread starter growgrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

growgrow

Hey guys... Just ordered my 16 site UC and it will be here in like 3 Days!!!!... but i'm trying to figure out the best times and methods of Flushing the system. I havent really read how you guys are xfering from week to week... are you guys emptying the system every week? every 3 weeks? Never? if so ... how are you xfering from week to week nute differentials. using a flush agent? straight ro? top off res? PLEASE ADVISE......

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

I go about every 3 weeks... my flush routine is this...

Drain as much as possible > fill with fresh plain water > drain again > introduce new nutes...

If your using hg you have to flush between top booster and shooting powder so I usually time that as my last flush before the pre-harvest flush @ week 9.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Also I use a top off rez filled with next weeks strength nutes 24/7... In deep flower you will probably have to manually add back nutes a couple times to the epicenter to keep ppm's up.

G

growgrow

thanx qb... when you say fill with Plain water.... are you throwing Tap in there and then draining or throwing RO in there and draining.... do you throw any chloramine or h2o2 in when your draining?..... thanx again

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

thanx qb... when you say fill with Plain water.... are you throwing Tap in there and then draining or throwing RO in there and draining.... do you throw any chloramine or h2o2 in when your draining?..... thanx again

I use r/o personally and Just roll plain r/o water unlesd there is a reason to add h2o2. The least amount Of shit you add to the uc the better off you are imo.

G

growgrow

isnt that a shit ton of RO ro waste... over 125 gals... so if we drain.... refill.. drain... refill and add a topoff..... were talking 400 gallons RO... not to mention the waste water to make the RO... looks like over 12-1500 gals of water.... no?

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

isnt that a shit ton of RO ro waste... over 125 gals... so if we drain.... refill.. drain... refill and add a topoff..... were talking 400 gallons RO... not to mention the waste water to make the RO... looks like over 12-1500 gals of water.... no?

Yeah it is but the name of the game is pay to play... who cares how much your wasting you gotta do what you gotta do... a new set of filters only costs like hundred something dollars so whats it matter? You know how many gallons you get out of the filters? Who cares about that type of shit its nothing when it comes to the big picture. Even if you wasted a million gallons of water every month the cost of that is jack shit compared to the crop your gonna get having to use that much water.

Latest posts

Top Bottom