Flushing my plants; how, when and how ofter?

• Thread starter nebraskaguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nebraskaguy

:banana1sv6::banana1sv6::banana1sv6:Whats up guys, I'm five weeks into my flowering cycle and my girls are doing really good i figure i got like four or five weeks until harvest. What I was wondering is when do I start flushing and how many times do I flush. I use superthrive and schuls tomato food as nutrients and water like two to three quarts of water every other day. the plants are in four gallon pots and my soil is, "miracle grow organic." For one and the other two have an organic soil with no feeding additaves that i could see. on the miracle grow bag it said that it feed up to six months and some guy told me that if I try to flush it i will just release more nutrients into the soil. Upon recieving this info I startd to do some more research on that particular problem. One solution that I heard of is that when you are ready to harvest you cut the main stalk at a 45 deg angel and place it in a gallon of fresh water a couple of times. If anyone has heard of this please let me know They are very big and got great crystals and I would love to flush dry and cure it properly. Please help me out and thanks again. There are pics on my profile page please check them out and leave feed back its my first and I would love a pro to let me know.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

If you're using organic soil then you don't really need to flush. Cutting back on ferts and nutes and using only water is like a flush for organic soil. You're washing out some of the salt buildup, which should be about 2 weeks before harvest. Some people use sugars (like un-sulphured molasses) only after that point to keep carbs in the soil and let the plant live out it's final days without it starving. The sugars not only allow the plant to continue to feed but sweetens the final product. Just to mention this is the organic soil section and although you are using miracle gro organic, I'm pretty certain schultz is not organic, I'm not sure but I don't think superthrive is either. Just FYI....

:sun2:

G

GrimloxK

I used to be the grower who said I was growing organic when I was using "organic-based" soil and "organically-derived" nutes.

IMHO your grow isn't truly organic unless you make your own tea's and soil using proven natural organic ingredients.

This being said I have no problem being an "organically-derived" farmer for the time being...i'll work my way up to making my own stuff lol.

OP, If you want to flush I recommend October's method. 2 weeks before harvest I only use water + roots organics trinity catalyst which is basically molasses, wetting agents, and some very slight NPK just to sweeten her up and not starve her.

You can flush if you want...especially if you feel their is a high salt content build-up in your soil.

N

nebraskaguy

Organic or not i need help LOL

thanks for the replies guys i apreciate all the info. I hope that the new pics uploaded ok. Is there a soil only section? I only saw the organic soil. So how do you guys go straight organic? does this mean that you suplement nothing, and only rely on mother nature for the nutrients? I am totally into going full organic can I get a brief explination of what it means to be totally organic please?:animbong: ( I love these little icons I want them on my phone)

T

TheFinisher

Theres alot more to it then that, I could answer all that in the time I have left.. lol.. Its the best I do know that. Smile

J

JabJabCrossKOTF

how many liters do you water on each plant? How often do you do that? Ive been watering my plants about 1 liter every 3-4 days and i noticed water was being trapped in the soil and the soil was almost like caked together. so i gave it a week and a half to let the soil dry and now im watering 2 liters per plant. what do you think of any of this its my first grow

Thanks

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

I use one gallon of water to pot size. 3 gallon pot, 3 gallons of water to flush. I just did mine to adjust the Ph balance, but also so clean out the ferts before harvest.

Top Bottom