Flushing- Myth? Fact? or Lore?

Sunasun

Sunasun

We all have to be skeptical when a fertilizer company release a study like that without all the papers and etc, said that, the study says that flushing don't change much, if at all (witch i agree), in chemical profile means. So why not water only for 7-15 days and save fertilizers and money right ? :-)

But the main thing i think is the nitrogen already stored inside fan leafs, that's the biggest problem imo with harsh burning and long curing buds.
So the senescence of a plant has to happen for it to burn smooth and cure faster and have higher quality overall, flushing does help with bringing out the plant natural senescence in my experience.

I'm not anal about it, i did go water only for last week or two many times with good results, also did go lowering ec to 250us slowly at the end of flower, but i prefer to lower ferts to half at week 8 (ec 1000 us/cm for my style of grow), than flush to ec250 us/cm first day of week 9 and wait it to dryback before harvest at the end of week 9 (this last dryback will bring ec up again to maybe 500us inside the media? maybe even more)

This for a nine week strain, witch is the max time i would want a cultivar to be flowering in my grows. I don't like working with long flowering times indoors.
But, why are you guys smoking fan leaves? Unless the nutrients transfer from the leaf to the buds after they have been cut off, how are you consuming said stored nutrients? Makes no sense to starve something that you want to fatten up.
Now, shit in my toilet đźš˝, by all means flush away, but besides dead pet fish that's the only time you should flush.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

We all have to be skeptical when a fertilizer company release a study like that without all the papers and etc, said that, the study says that flushing don't change much, if at all (witch i agree), in chemical profile means. So why not water only for 7-15 days and save fertilizers and money right ? :-)

But the main thing i think is the nitrogen already stored inside fan leafs, that's the biggest problem imo with harsh burning and long curing buds.
So the senescence of a plant has to happen for it to burn smooth and cure faster and have higher quality overall, flushing does help with bringing out the plant natural senescence in my experience.

I'm not anal about it, i did go water only for last week or two many times with good results, also did go lowering ec to 250us slowly at the end of flower, but i prefer to lower ferts to half at week 8 (ec 1000 us/cm for my style of grow), than flush to ec250 us/cm first day of week 9 and wait it to dryback before harvest at the end of week 9 (this last dryback will bring ec up again to maybe 500us inside the media? maybe even more)

This for a nine week strain, witch is the max time i would want a cultivar to be flowering in my grows. I don't like working with long flowering times indoors.
But they fertilizer company could make flushing products to sell you. So in that case, they would be cutting their own throats, and an avenue to make more money.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

But, why are you guys smoking fan leaves? Unless the nutrients transfer from the leaf to the buds after they have been cut off, how are you consuming said stored nutrients? Makes no sense to starve something that you want to fatten up.
Now, shit in my toilet đźš˝, by all means flush away, but besides dead pet fish that's the only time you should flush.
when senescence takes place the plant cut down nutrient and water uptake by A LOT, flush does help with the natural senescence tho, does help with saving fertilizer and does help if you are reusing the soil-less media too for outdoors .

the important part is the natural senescence, not yes flush or no flush imo.

organics or living soil flush ? no way
its mandatory? no
i've harvest without flush in soil less media? yes many times lol

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

But they fertilizer company could make flushing products to sell you. So in that case, they would be cutting their own throats, and an avenue to make more money.
yep so true also another 13 different dilluted salts bottles they plan on releasing next year hehehe

Top Bottom