Flushing! Opinions

• Thread starter mdmazing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mdmazing

mdmazing

Hello! I Have some questions. Been reading about Flushing. Many different info on the net - some say one thing, some say the other! Even here hehe :P

I think that flushing the salts and the nuts when the plant starts flowering makes sense (Especially since some of mine are with some deficiency or nut burn.) So, how do you do it? - Do you give them like 2x the volume of the pot in water, or even more water? Just one time, and then normal feeding regime right?
I read you have to water the plant slowly so you dont create dry spots.

What about flushing before harvest? Is it good to deprive the plant of nuts so she has a good taste/smoke (is this even 100% true?) or is it better to give her all nuts possible so she can be more potent? What you think?

I also haven't read much about pre-harvest techniques, so if you like any, like 2 days dark, or any other, tell a brother!

Thanks!

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Hello! I Have some questions. Been reading about Flushing. Many different info on the net - some say one thing, some say the other! Even here hehe :p

I think that flushing the salts and the nuts when the plant starts flowering makes sense (Especially since some of mine are with some deficiency or nut burn.) So, how do you do it? - Do you give them like 2x the volume of the pot in water, or even more water? Just one time, and then normal feeding regime right?
I read you have to water the plant slowly so you dont create dry spots.

What about flushing before harvest? Is it good to deprive the plant of nuts so she has a good taste/smoke (is this even 100% true?) or is it better to give her all nuts possible so she can be more potent? What you think?

I also haven't read much about pre-harvest techniques, so if you like any, like 2 days dark, or any other, tell a brother!

Thanks!
Many will say just a good cure will make weed good but its best leaching excess nitrogen out of the plant before the chop. Itll make your cure easier and as far as the 2 days in dark i dont bother... no matter if its synthetic or organic feeds just cut feeds off the last 2 weeks and harvest in the morning (after the whole night cycle).. youll end up with some good smoke. Then you have no till or full organic which is basically water only from the start.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I though we just had one of these talks lol every one is going to b split on this

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

was doing some reading on how u want the plant to know its dying so it puts all the rest of its life n to ether making rezen and plump buds or make it go over drive on making seeds bc it knows it dying so it wants to make sure it lives on ether with making bees want to come to it or by making seeds to get eaten or just fall to the grown so flushing it out it will eat all the nute in the leafs and know its the end of its life

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

Many will say just a good cure will make weed good but its best leaching excess nitrogen out of the plant before the chop. Itll make your cure easier and as far as the 2 days in dark i dont bother... no matter if its synthetic or organic feeds just cut feeds off the last 2 weeks and harvest in the morning (after the whole night cycle).. youll end up with some good smoke. Then you have no till or full organic which is basically water only from the start.
got any tips on cure??

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
got any tips on cure??
Well it really comes down to your climate. . I cant recommend the same techniques in florida and arizona.. what is your climate like? High? Low? Humidity? I can say that the better the fade the quicker the cure. If you have a bunch of excess nitrogen at harvest then the smoke usually suffers. It also depends on yield... do you plan on needing 1 pound jars or just a few mason qts?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
and u flush with 3x the size of the planter you are using so 5g is 15g
Dont bother with that ratio much. 2 weeks just water is good for most plants. 3 if youre into hard core salt feeds. Coco can be flushed faster than dirt also.

Buddaone1

Buddaone1

ok this is how I flush my plants in soil on a 2 day watering schedule and it comes out great everytime. What I do is use 7.5 ml/gal of flawless finish at reg water ratio 2xs in a row, then just water, then ff 1 more time, then just water, then I use 1 tsp/gal of molasses the last 3 waterings. I give the plants their usual amount of water on their usual watering days (sometimes less water to ensure proper drying of the dirt). All is phed at 6.8 until last molasses watering.

Buddaone1

Buddaone1

so to clarify phed flush, 2 days later phed flush, 2 days later phed water, 2 days later phed flush, 2 days later phed water, 2 days later phed molasses and spray girls with powerwash if spray fed or if pest sprayed, 2 days later phed molasses, 2 days later molasses at 1/2-3/4 water ratio not phed, next day trim

Top Bottom