Flushing phase for bubble bucket...

• Thread starter tec dan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tec dan

tec dan

I am about to flush my "first grow" plant, it is in a 13 gallon bucket (pictured). My question is, what is the "most common" flushing method/technique for a bubble bucket arrangement like mine? straight R/O water?? and for how long (about)?
Flushing phase for bubble bucket

tec dan

tec dan

Here's a picture of the bucket with the cooling shroud removed from the ice probe
20140824 134438

Minkus

Minkus

Hey man, that plant is looking nuts. Ask any three of my friends what their flushing technique is, and you'll usually get three different answers. Some people just use straight R/O water for anywhere from a few days to a week, depending on how hard you were going with the ppm's throughout your grow and what nutrient line you were using. Others use a flushing agents, but those have generally been proven to just be extremely low ppm solutions so you're basically just paying money for a bunch of salts inside some R/O water. Personally I'd probably just do a plain water flush, maybe using a flushing agent if you've already got one lying around that you use for periodic flushes for salts. Give it about five days, aerator running the entire time, and then just chop chop chop.

tec dan

tec dan

Thanks for the info Minkus, I ended up flushing with straight R/O for a week, dried for a week, then in the jars for a week of burping once a day in a dark closet....it smokes rather nicely, and seems to get even better every day :-)

Latest posts

Top Bottom