Flushing Primarily Window Grown Sours

• Thread starter 845dudey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
845dudey

845dudey

My first grow:

I have some potted Sour Diesel plants I grew primarily in a very sunny back window until it was time to flower. The living room lights were going to throw off their flowering,
so I moved them outside where they did all of their flowering.
It’s getting too cold (and cloudy/rainy) to keep them outside so I moved them back inside in a spare room with no special lighting.
I don’t have grow lights and didn’t even know flushing was a thing (although controversial it seems)
I want to give them 2 weeks from today to flush.
Is this recommended given I only have ‘normal room lights’ ?
(which are brighter than the cloudy week we’re having but I’ll move them to the window when it’s beneficial)
Is there any tips you have for the situation I’m in?
anything is appreciated, thank you.

2Bad

2Bad

Don't go flushing yet until someone gives you advice. They don't seem ready but we'd need a picture to know for sure. P.S. I don't have the advice but someone will

845dudey

845dudey

Don't go flushing yet until someone gives you advice. They don't seem ready but we'd need a picture to know for sure. P.S. I don't have the advice but someone will
I heard when the trichromes go from clear to cloudy, which they seem to be doing. They started flowering a little late so you’re probably right but I’d have to buy lights and stuff to continue them inside at this time of the year, too cold out.

2Bad

2Bad

I heard when the trichromes go from clear to cloudy, which they seem to be doing. They started flowering a little late so you’re probably right but I’d have to buy lights and stuff to continue them inside at this time of the year, too cold out.
How many plants do you have? You would only need a light. Some are budget friendly

845dudey

845dudey

How many plants do you have? You would only need a light. Some are budget friendly
5, you’re right it wouldn’t be too pricey, I’ll definitely consider it, if others agree. I won’t give them nutrients until I have the communities input. I gave them a little today and am worried about the lighting.

2Bad

2Bad

5, you’re right it wouldn’t be too pricey, I’ll definitely consider it, if others agree. I won’t give them nutrients until I have the communities input. I gave them a little today and am worried about the lighting.
What size pots? Grab a picture and possibly put them together in a square like they would be under a light and measure the distance LxW

TSD

TSD

I don't think flushing has anything to do with type of light you're using, it's just to get the all the residual nutes out of the soil and make the plant use up what it has and drink only water. I grow outside so I don't really flush per se... I just stop feeding like 2 weeks before harvest. I'm sure an expert indoor grower can point you in the right direction.

845dudey

845dudey

Yeah I’m comfortable getting official lights and such, just more concerned if the buds are gonna go to shit within 2 weeks of my current set up
What size pots? Grab a picture and possibly put them together in a square like they would be under a light and measure the distance LxW

845dudey

845dudey

I don't think flushing has anything to do with type of light you're using, it's just to get the all the residual nutes out of the soil and make the plant use up what it has and drink only water. I grow outside so I don't really flush per se... I just stop feeding like 2 weeks before harvest. I'm sure an expert indoor grower can point you in the right direction.
Yeah my plants were primarily outside in pots for the flowering, just concerned if the plants will start to die if I use the lights I have inside for the next 2 weeks while I flush them.

2Bad

2Bad

Yeah my plants were primarily outside in pots for the flowering, just concerned if the plants will start to die if I use the lights I have inside for the next 2 weeks while I flush them.
That's a good point @Aqua Man to the rescue!....? (:

TSD

TSD

They probably won't die, but they probably won't grow much either, they need the light to process nutrients and grow... I feel you, I'm in the northeast US and just constructed a cover out of dropcloth plastic and tent poles lol... stupid rain. Maybe put them out during nice days, is that an option? Or get a cheap grow bulb or 2 and the one bulb shop light things with the metal shade, just for a bit of supplemental light? They should have that stuff right at Walmart.

845dudey

845dudey

They probably won't die, but they probably won't grow much either, they need the light to process nutrients and grow... I feel you, I'm in the northeast US and just constructed a cover out of dropcloth plastic and tent poles lol... stupid rain. Maybe put them out during nice days, is that an option? Or get a cheap grow bulb or 2 and the one bulb shop light things with the metal shade, just for a bit of supplemental light? They should have that stuff right at Walmart.
That’s what I was thinking too, I don’t think they’re missing out on too much sunlight over the next few weeks because it’s supposed to be horrible out and if I get a grow bulb it couldn’t hurt, the days that are nice I’ll throw them back in the window for some sun, and flush them for 2 weeks. I appreciate the input

grnmtn

grnmtn

My first grow:

I have some potted Sour Diesel plants I grew primarily in a very sunny back window until it was time to flower. The living room lights were going to throw off their flowering,
so I moved them outside where they did all of their flowering.
It’s getting too cold (and cloudy/rainy) to keep them outside so I moved them back inside in a spare room with no special lighting.
I don’t have grow lights and didn’t even know flushing was a thing (although controversial it seems)
I want to give them 2 weeks from today to flush.
Is this recommended given I only have ‘normal room lights’ ?
(which are brighter than the cloudy week we’re having but I’ll move them to the window when it’s beneficial)
Is there any tips you have for the situation I’m in?
anything is appreciated, thank you.
FYI, just because it's cloudy outside the sun rays still penetrate through the clouds and your indoor light offers the plant nothing in comparison.

845dudey

845dudey

FYI, just because it's cloudy outside the sun rays still penetrate through the clouds and your indoor light offers the plant nothing in comparison.
the temperatures outside are well under 65 degrees lately you’re stating the cold is better for them then decreased light? I stated above I put them in the window on sunny days. What would you recommend?

grnmtn

grnmtn

Cold is not an issue until it's in the low 40s and wet. 30 degrees at night, no problem

TSD

TSD

Cold is not an issue until it's in the low 40s and wet. 30 degrees at night, no problem
Yeah last year I let mine go through a few frosts before I pulled them... I covered them at night... they don't mind the cold, they actually fatten up and push out the thc during the chillier nights.

grnmtn

grnmtn

Yep, watch covering as it can be counterproductive due to lack of air flow. Air is your friend especially in cold and wet.

TSD

TSD

Yep, watch covering as it can be counterproductive due to lack of air flow. Air is your friend especially in cold and wet.
Yes, it's basically dusk till dawn if I do, and only with rogue frosts.

Top Bottom