flushing question

• Thread starter Buddy Hemphill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Buddy Hemphill

In 5 gallon smart pots, How long after I flush should I wait to feed? They are kinda lookin a little waterlogged and I hate to feed them until they are a litle more dry...

I dont want deficiencies either. What is the best time for me to reintroduce nutes? After a little dry out....or immediately after the flush?

Thankee....

Misterdirt

Misterdirt

When I flush, I stop feeding them nutes, period, and harvest 2-3 weeks later. I didn't realize people reintroduce nutes later.

Regardless, you are right not to water, with or without nutes, while the soil is wet.

S

Steve Z

im not so sure he was speaking of a final flush in flowering.... sounds more like a veg flush or something??? you feed-feed-flushing or ?????

but yes, wait for it to dry before watering. happened a couple times where i intentionally turned down the fan and raised the temps, dry it out a little sooner. you can skuff up the top layer of dirt a little and get some more air in there, speeds it up a tiny bit

i was there two weeks ago or so LOL

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Buddy H, foliar feed 'em. Let the soil dry out, taking as long as it needs. You can support them for quite a while this way.

B

Buddy Hemphill

thanks for the responses

shoulda been more clear...

moms...got a little salty. I just started trying EJ's full line and I was told yesterday that they have a lot of salts.

I think I shoulda been feeding every other water, or so. I was feeding lightly every watering and it caught up to me. Not bad, just a few leaves lost to lock out.

Little clearex and a gooood flush and they are looking good after two days. Considering I am flushing due to lockout, I wanna be a little more sparing with the EJ me thinks.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh... yeah, if you're growing in soil it's better to feed weekly, water the rest of the time. I've only ever watered/fed my indoor soil plants every 4-5 days at most, too ('cept for the wee babies).

true grit

true grit

But smartpots are different...

Let dry out all the way (feel weight of plant- im sure you know what dry feels like by this point) then roll back to normal. With smart pots and large plants its not uncommon to water/feed daily. With organics i feed light but everytime i water- essentially less feed but more often. You will see they like this cuz your watering schedule will increase and plants will be robust.

If you soaked em for the flush- no sweat, if they are big girls (moms) they should be fine for a 2-3 days sans food. just let em dry out and get back to work

R

Radio_Dread

But smartpots are different...

Let dry out all the way (feel weight of plant- im sure you know what dry feels like by this point) then roll back to normal. With smart pots and large plants its not uncommon to water/feed daily. With organics i feed light but everytime i water- essentially less feed but more often. You will see they like this cuz your watering schedule will increase and plants will be robust.

If you soaked em for the flush- no sweat, if they are big girls (moms) they should be fine for a 2-3 days sans food. just let em dry out and get back to work

I think TG hit the nail on the head here. i have seen a positive response this wave by feeding more often but with lower nute strength. they seem to flush easier this way too.

RD:icon_spin:

B

Buddy Hemphill

I think TG hit the nail on the head here. i have seen a positive response this wave by feeding more often but with lower nute strength. they seem to flush easier this way too.

RD:icon_spin:

ok...the stupid question is the one ya dont ask..heh...right?

I used straight promix hp for my first two grows and it drains for shit without adding perlite..imo. With botanicare nutes and some bene's w/molasses

Ok, for this run I am preparing for I have a batch of sub's super soil. I was gonna use it in the bottom of the pot ONLY (and prolly still dilute it until I know what it will do) the roots/castings/denali in the top.

I have a couple of strains that I run so I decently
know how they feed...I will adjust accordingly with the SSoil till I figure it out. (jacks will take gasoline and laugh...OG wants WATER...period...lol)

I am cutting it 30% with the #4 xtra chunky so it will drain better than what I am used to. I am so tired of waitin' on pots to dry...I swear...I may not like it in 2 months....but I dont care if I DO water daily...I can always adjust later runs.

My goal is to leach the soil my mid/late flower so I can hook up some bloom ferts to help push them in the end without alot of unused nitrogen and such still being present.

I bought the book "Teaming with Microbes".....its a must buy!!!!!!! I am hoping to gently let the herd do its thing and nudge them a little harder in mid/late flower with some tea.( which I still am slacking on researching, anybody know the title of a good book on teas they would recommend?)

Does this plan make sense? please feel free to comment...looks like some good help subscribed to this thread...LET ME LEAN ON YA!!!!!.....lol

TIA

true grit

true grit

Damn i had some huge response and it deleted. Anyways- yeah Radio, less is more in many cases...you can tell when they eat more (i was watering 1g/day in 5g) and they outproduce folks running the same cut but feeding more and less often.

Buddy- what size pots ya gonna be running? Ive done the sub soil for a while and liked it, i too cut at around 30% with a good buffer but found a need for slightly more calcium. I think this is due to the fact Sub recommends RO and 7.0 but he uses kickass tap water that he doesn't ph. Just keep an eye on those things. I would think run the super soil like you planned and do as you said and have a decent tea ready for mid-late in case you need it. That or age old to help out..

R

Radio_Dread

another thing buddy is just be carful not to add toooo much perlite as it will dry out way too fast and you will have to water/feed on the regular.

RD

B

Buddy Hemphill

Damn i had some huge response and it deleted. Anyways- yeah Radio, less is more in many cases...you can tell when they eat more (i was watering 1g/day in 5g) and they outproduce folks running the same cut but feeding more and less often.

Buddy- what size pots ya gonna be running? Ive done the sub soil for a while and liked it, i too cut at around 30% with a good buffer but found a need for slightly more calcium. I think this is due to the fact Sub recommends RO and 7.0 but he uses kickass tap water that he doesn't ph. Just keep an eye on those things. I would think run the super soil like you planned and do as you said and have a decent tea ready for mid-late in case you need it. That or age old to help out..

3 gallons for the run, 5's for my moms. My tap water is 5.8-5.9 and 18-22 ppm's usually. Clean as a virgin. I have to add calmag to everything.

another thing buddy is just be carful not to add toooo much perlite as it will dry out way too fast and you will have to water/feed on the regular.

RD

werd...this promix, with 0% perlitr added ....flat out sux for drainage. Its like a sponge. I am chopping in a few days and it is still taking them...with GOOD roots in 5 gal hard pots...4-5 days to dry. Knowing me...I will go too far the other way trying to correct, thanks for the advice. I will watch it.

M

MasterChief

Last time I burned my babies I found it the easiest to use my ec pen to measure the run off, by measuring the run off from different plants I could tell how badly they had lockup and also when I was done flushing, just a tip.

Latest posts

Top Bottom