FLUSHING Tap water, RO water, Distilled????

• Thread starter B0ssD0ss
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

So with flushing which is best? Tap, RO, or Distilled? Do I just have to worry about PH or are the minerals in any of the options something to be concerned about as well?

Also if needing to add PH⬆️ or PH⬇️ do I need to worry about what they may add to the water for flush as well?

growsince79

growsince79

No reason to pH distilled or to water. Tap water depends on how bad it is. Over 200ppm you might want to pH, but probably no biggie either way.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

No reason to pH distilled or to water. Tap water depends on how bad it is. Over 200ppm you might want to pH, but probably no biggie either way.
Just asking, will be flushing soon and know the point is to get any left over Salts and minerals out of the soil. But adding stuff to the water to raise or lower PH will add to the ppm. Or at this point in the grow does it even really matter about the PH?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Just asking, will be flushing soon and know the point is to get any left over Salts and minerals out of the soil. But adding stuff to the water to raise or lower PH will add to the ppm. Or at this point in the grow does it even really matter about the PH?

Water alone does not usually affect medium ph. If it is over 250ppm then it may need acidifying or mixed with ro water.

HighBuddha

HighBuddha

The point of flushing before harvest is to stop feeding and force plants to use the food they have stored.

Balencing water Ph is only required to not lock out nutrients while feeding, so ph should not matter.

Tap water can be full of chlorine and other minerals, I would declorinate if using tap water.

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

The point is to stop feeding and force plants to use the food they have stored.

Balencing water Ph is only required to not lock out nutrients while feeding, so ph should not matter.

Tap water can be full of chlorine and other minerals, I would declorinate if using tap water.
I have a RO system and is usually what I use and then add nutes when I was feeding. They had their last feed Saturday and over the next 2 weeks will be flushing on my feed schedule. So I guess we are good with just RO which comes out at 0ppm and no need to PH. So straight from RO for my last 4 waterings/what would have been 4 feedings.

chemistry

chemistry

I just flush at PH 7.0 from the tap, if I'm in flush mode I don't want the plant to suck any thing up, I want it to finish up.

chemistry

chemistry

A few days of flush will see your plant with bright yellow leaves, thats as flushed as I go. PH won't matter as your not feeding.

Top Bottom