Flushing Techniques.

• Thread starter MasterDabber
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MasterDabber

MasterDabber

Hey, just wondering if anyone had cool flushing techniques for DWC top drip hydro system. Like molasses or honey flush etc. But like I would like to know quantities and procedure for applications :eek:. Thanks :D I want to give something different a try

Skovi

Skovi

What volume are your drippers outputting? (For example, 1 gph per plant)

For a "traditional" soil/hyrdo flush many folks recommend flushing the plants with 3-4 times the volume of the container you're growing in. So if you've got a 5 gallon pot, you would flush with 15-20 gallons of flushing solution.

With a drip system, you can do a really slow flush, which is kind of nice. It also needs less solution to get similar results.

I do top-drip drain-to-waste, so I don't flush very often. But, sometimes I fuck something up and need to get a clean slate. In that case, my flushing regimen is:

1/4 strength of my vegetative formula
1 tsp per gallon maxicrop soluble kelp powder
1 tsp per gallon epsom salts
1/2 tsp per gallon citric acid

I give each plant about 2-3x their container volume of flushing solution, but I give it to em really slowly, over the course of 24 hours.

MasterDabber

MasterDabber

For a "traditional" soil/hyrdo flush many folks recommend flushing the plants with 3-4 times the volume of the container you're growing in. So if you've got a 5 gallon pot, you would flush with 15-20 gallons of flushing solution.

With a drip system, you can do a really slow flush, which is kind of nice. It also needs less solution to get similar results.

I do top-drip drain-to-waste, so I don't flush very often. But, sometimes I fuck something up and need to get a clean slate. In that case, my flushing regimen is:

I give each plant about 2-3x their container volume of flushing solution, but I give it to em really slowly, over the course of 24 hours.
Thanks Skovi, great information, as for my gph per plant I'm not sure, but the machine I use is bcnl bloombox. I'll call and ask to verify the gph, also Would this be done every day for 2 weeks? Or every 3 days for 2 weeks or how often should I feed

Colossus

Colossus

i might even give that a go. sounds like a good little process you have their

Top Bottom