Flushing With Tap Water

• Thread starter saltwater
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
saltwater

saltwater

I live In Oregon and my water source seems good. I usually flush with RO water but it takes so long to make RO water and I still need water to water my other plants. But I have a few plants that will be ready in a week.

Would it be terrible to flush with tap water or what does everyone think? I googled it but I keep getting all sorts of answers?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I would mix half tap, half RO water to lower the ppm for the flush
What is your tap water ppm, do you ph it?

NickTheGreek

NickTheGreek

I don't really mess with ppm in my experience its not a necessity some say other wise. i keep my ph between 5.5-6.2 and i use just straight tap water, coco likes the minerals.

Tejashidrow

Tejashidrow

Good ole Tap water
will do the job

No need to ph or add nutrients as your trying to get rid of the excess in your medium.
It's been shown that if you have to flush tap will work just as good or better than any flushing agent.
Remember you are flushing your medium, not the plant.
I used to follow the flushing hype wave, but now I don't over fertilize so there is no need to flush
Peace n love

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Good ole Tap water
will do the job

No need to ph or add nutrients as your trying to get rid of the excess in your medium.
It's been shown that if you have to flush tap will work just as good or better than any flushing agent.
Remember you are flushing your medium, not the plant.
I used to follow the flushing hype wave, but now I don't over fertilize so there is no need to flush
Peace n love

My tap water has a ph above 8 and a ppm of almost 600 straight out of the tap, I mix it half and half with distilled

X.rm

X.rm

I start my flush with an enzyme and molasses so whatever nutes become available to the plant and then go with plain tap water for another week. I reuse my coco so i dont use flushing agent's because they alter the ph and create imbalances.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I start my flush with an enzyme and molasses so whatever nutes become available to the plant and then go with plain tap water for another week. I reuse my coco so i dont use flushing agent's because they alter the ph and create imbalances.
Do you let the roots decay or you just reuse it with the decaying plant matter still there?

Latest posts

Top Bottom