flushing?

• Thread starter oglovinlife18
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

oglovinlife18

i have a question wehn flushing an 8 week strain do u flush on the 8th week till the tenth or the 6th week till the 8th?

W

WilliamsWonder

This becomes an estimation game. You have to look at the bud and trichs, and try to predict how much longer she has to go. The harvest week breeders give are not always accurate. I usually try to guess when the plants have about 10 days to go and start flushing.

First, decide where you want your trichs to be when you harvest and go from there. If you want them 50% amber, then you try to guess when you have 10-14 days til harvest.

WilliamsWonder

O

organic4life

I always flush for 2 to 3 weeks ..6 week molasses /water then straight water till chop but I let the pot dry out first

G

greenthumb

most indicas dont turn amber they just go brown and degrade!
for indicas the trics are cloudy when ready but they are not an acurate way of telling when a plant is ready as my trics start nto turn cloudy around week4.5-5 i used to use a microscope all the time but the only way to tell when a indica is ready is after about 1/2-2/3 of the pistols have turned brown and the calyxes are fat and swollen.
But sativas do turn amber you can use a scope on them to tell when to harvest.
Some strains even produce purple trics.

G

greenthumb

also some strains foxtail and have a group of calyxes forming a long thin budlet.if this starts i start to flush for 2 weeks.

G

greenthumb

never heard of donkey ear! a foxtail is a small thin bud that comes out from a bigger bud.

C

crazycanuckster

start at 6.5 and flush hard in the beginning

flush a tonne early and that will mean less work along the way for the last week and a half....Has always worked really well for me

A

acubus

Imho flushing should be eased into to maximize yield, without hurting quality.

C

CannabisSativa

I run everything atleast 10wks and flush for the last 14 days

S

SCBEST

I would flush about the 7th week and continue until about week 9 even if it is a 8 week strain....i have learned that if u do let some strains go and extra week especially sativas the results are much better and the buds expand even more...i usaully flush with just plain water with a ph of 7...dont wanna flush too much at one time because the plant still has to live off of the nutrients left in the soil.

G

growlife

never heard donkey ear ever before
kinda funny when i first read it

Top Bottom