Flushing

• Thread starter mmmdankbuds420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

Hey guys. Just wondering when you guys flush and what your procedure is. Would you start a week before harvest?

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Flushing methods very for different grow mediums. Why don't u tell us a lil about ur plants what variety they are what day ur on, what medium ur growing in.

Confu

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Flushing, there are a number of idea's out there on flushing,

100 water, no nothing from 10 days to 2 weeks. To me this just makes no sense why starve your plant and stress the shit out of it? Yes they do use up nutrients in the fan leaves but the problem occurs when some levels start to get low it locks others up. Ever smoke weed that popped and sparked or won't stay lit? I just don't by the 100% water flush. not
recommended

Using products to flavor or flush your plants, stop OK just stop. Go buy your girlfriend something nice with the money you save. If your weed tastes so bad find a better way to cure or get new genetics.

Now flushing with 25% to 50% nutrient strength for the last 10 days makes good sense and provides you with a way to get most excess nutrients out before harvest.

My 2 cents worth.

Pre-harvest flushing puts the plants under serious stress. The plant has to deal with nutrient deficiencies in a very important part of its cycle. Strong changes in the amount of dissolved substances in the root-zone stress the roots, possibly to the point of direct physical damage to them. Many immobile elements are no more available for further metabolic processes.

You should react in an educated way to the plant needs. Excessive, deficient or unbalanced levels should be avoided regardless the nutrient source. Nutrient levels should be gradually adjusted to the lesser needs in later flowering. Stress factors should be limited as far as possible. If that is accomplished throughout the entire life cycle, there shouldn’t be any excessive nutrient compounds in the plants tissue. It doesn’t sound likely that you can correct growing errors (significant lower mobile nutrient compound levels) with pre-harvest flushing.

Drying and curing, when done right, on the other hand has proved in many studies to have a major impact on taste and flavor, by breaking down chlorophylls and converting starches into sugars. Most attributes blamed on un-flushed buds may be the result of unbalanced nutrition and/or overfeed and improper drying/curing.

this bud is for you

IMGP7937
IMGP7945

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

Woods, so you give your plants 25% to 50% nutrients all the way up to harvest? You never flush with straight water or clearex/final phase a week or two before harvest?

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Woods, so you give your plants 25% to 50% nutrients all the way up to harvest? You never flush with straight water or clearex/final phase a week or two before harvest?

I feed as required for the first 7 weeks, but stop 10 days before harvest and replace all nutrients at 50% for 10 days than chop.

In RDWC this is what I use with Nightfire OG

week
1 =550ppm
2= 550ppm
3= 650ppm
4= 750ppm
5 = 800ppm
6= 750/800 ppm
7= 700/800 ppm
8= 450 ppm

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

I feed as required for the first 7 weeks, but stop 10 days before harvest and replace all nutrients at 50% for 10 days than chop.

In RDWC this is what I use with Nightfire OG

week
1 =550ppm
2= 550ppm
3= 650ppm
4= 750ppm
5 = 800ppm
6= 750/800 ppm
7= 700/800 ppm
8= 450 ppm

Interesting. Everyone has there own way of doing it, you can search google for how to flush and get unlimited people who say "YOU HAVE TO REMOVE ALL CHEMICALS AND NUTES WITH FRESH WATER 10 DAYS BEFORE OR ELSE" I actually take my nutes down to 25/50% like you said but a few days before chop I run final phase and water.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

there are a lot of ideas out there about what you should do to or for growing weed. Some are based on fact and some are based on what someone told me who heard it from some 200 year old grower. There are many ways to skin a cat and you will always have different opinions, the key is to pick the right advice and use some common sense, that should make you a better grower.

mr roboto

mr roboto

I'm always in soil and use non organic nutes and I learned to flush the last 2 weeks but i've slowley realized that every early sample nugs that I smoked before doing any flushing came out perfectly fine with no black ash or sparking. Next round I will try and flush for a week and see what happens

Top Bottom