Foamy Reservoirs (anemic Plant Growth) Please Help

• Thread starter Moses249
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Moses249

I have two 350 gallon reservoirs (large 8 foot vertical tanks) that are flooding and draining hydro tables that are on the second floor of my grow. This is a new set-up that has been online for only two weeks. The tanks arrived and were filled with r.o. water right away (they weren't rinsed at all). As soon as i put nutrients in the tanks there was a foul smell coming from the tanks and a massive build up of foam and brownish crud. I waited ten days (hoping in vain things would improve) and two days ago i changed out the reservoirs with fresh r.o. water with fresh nutrients. Within 24 hours the foam and slightly foul smell had returned. I have been doing flood and drain for years with 115 gallon reservoirs and have never had this problem before. The water for the site goes through a central home water filtration device (beacuse there was an absurd amount of sediment coming in without it, it is basically a self cleaning carbon filter) Each of these tanks has 3-112 watt air pumps with 36 air-stones in them pumping fresh air from OUTSIDE into the tanks. The water temp is about 70, ppm around 900, using advanced nutrients ph perfect 3 part micro grow bloom, silica, and cal-mg. The top of the tanks are open without a lid but the room the tanks r in stays dark most of the time. The plants aren't doing very well as they have been vegging for two weeks and growth is anemic as fuck. Is it possible the tanks I purchased just aren't rated for water or nutrients or something and some interaction with the nutrients is causing this foam buildup? There are two other 350 gallon tanks that are just storage for just pure r.o. water and there is no foam or brown crud on any of those. It only happens when i add nutrients. Really need help here, i got a SHIT load into this new project and need this shit to work out in the worst way. Thank you

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

When are you are adding nutrients to the reservoir, at what step are you putting Silica in?
Before or after you add nutrients?

M

Moses249

i always add the silica first then wait usually 30 minutes before i add the other nutrients

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Could be the 30 something airstones.
They don't play well with some nutrients.
If you get tired of spending all that cash on AN products get in touch with me for some Veg+Bloom for better results with less of a headache.

Top Bottom