Fogger And Foilar Pack Question

• Thread starter treebark1950
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
treebark1950

treebark1950

Yo cap I use a fogger/atomizer to do most of my foilars so I can get every part of the plants. Anywho I was wondering if you know if I can run the bennies through the fogger without killing them?

Any idea on this?

Thanks bro!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I have no idea. I can try to find out though. I know one guy who may know. He is big on ACT and fungus. He MAY know. Other wise I would say regular pump sprayer.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Yo cap I use a fogger/atomizer to do most of my foilars so I can get every part of the plants. Anywho I was wondering if you know if I can run the bennies through the fogger without killing them?

Any idea on this?

Thanks bro!

"Yes you can, no issues at all. The bacteria are small enough that they are not negatively affected."

You need to strain out the sediment first. Use a stocking, or better yet let the product settle 5 minutes after mixing and take from the top.

Your shipment went out today you shoudl have it by the end of the week.

treebark1950

treebark1950

Heck yea that's awesome news! I'll be putting your foilars to hella good use!

Cap thanks so much!

treebark1950

treebark1950

Thanks cap! Packs arrived today, I'll be putting them to good use in the atomizer!

I'm most interested in the killing power for spider mites. I don't see any in my flower room but I have some thought in the back of my head wondering if they are there. I had a battle with them a few months back!

Cheers

treebark1950

treebark1950

I've been fogging with good results thus far! Thanks bro!

S

StonerB

I think the bacteria is small enough but the fungi spores will most likely not make it. In the book "Adding Biology" by Dr. Elaine Ingham there is a part about the use of active aerated compost teas as a foliar and it is pointed out that even pumps with the common magnetic driven propeller will damage fungi due to their longer size compared to bacteria. I always thought the purpose of an atomizer/ fogger was to create very small particles, some even use heat and pressure to do this maybe even killing the bacteria. If I were using high grade bennies which im sure you are I would do everything possible to keep them alive. Why go to an internet forrum, get something better than the top shelf at the hydro store, wait for it to arrive, then kill it. The only sure way to test a sprayer is to make a batch of bennies and put it under a microscope for a basic life count ( if youve tried this you know why I say basic count) . Then use your sprayer into a jar and put it back under the scope, in theory any less life was caused by the sprayer.

S

StonerB

My stoner memory just kicked in. Ive seen in the past a farmer was using a powerfull microscope to look at Roots Excelerator . This was a very smart and respected farmer whose opinion would go a long way. I bet a sample or two of Caps bennies would do great use being sent to Desert squirrel if both parties had time and were willing. Just a thought.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
DS thinks I am shady, and accused me of creating a bunch of accounts to hype my product (untrue). He accused me of many things but had no proof. I had his hating posts deleted. With that being said he would proably love to get his hands on some to try and prove my bennies wrong.

I am researching microscopes now to get one for myself. Good ones are around 5k. I dont have that kind of bread just yet.

The person I asked about the fogger is very knowledgable.

Edit. I said the foliar had no fungus. It does. The person i spoke with said it would work, but i cant say for sure without a microscope and a fogger.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I've been fogging with good results thus far! Thanks bro!

Great. I saw a fogger at my buddys hydro shop yesterday that looked so sick. I may buy one. How do you like yours?

treebark1950

treebark1950

I love it! I first bought a handheld from home depot but it sucked!

I was at AWC talking GODs head off lol and he showed me his. I bought this one http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/fogmaster-micro-jet-ulv-fogger-7401-p-156.html off CL for $200 and the dude gave me a bunch of stuff to play with.

It is loud and I mean loud, it puts a shop vac to shame I can hear it two rooms over haha! They are power hungry, thing draws like 6 amps. But let me tell ya everything in the rooms gets saturated, you can control the droplet size to a fine mist fog or more watery if that makes sense.

It holds 1 gallon and one gallon in this baby goes a lot farther then with a normal sprayer.

So far it was a good investment!

Treebark

treebark1950

treebark1950

My main focus for the fogger is PM preventaion and spider mites. I have seen neither in my flower rooms but those are the two STDs I don't want and anything I can do to keep at bay I do. I also like to fog with mighty wash, I do it once a week in flower just to kill anything that might be there. I also fog once a week with GODs flora vino tea.

Any idea of a cheap microscope that would let me examine a slide fter being ran through the fogger? Or am I looking at 1k plus even for a cheapo?

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
I think the bacteria is small enough but the fungi spores will most likely not make it. In the book "Adding Biology" by Dr. Elaine Ingham there is a part about the use of active aerated compost teas as a foliar and it is pointed out that even pumps with the common magnetic driven propeller will damage fungi due to their longer size compared to bacteria. I always thought the purpose of an atomizer/ fogger was to create very small particles, some even use heat and pressure to do this maybe even killing the bacteria. If I were using high grade bennies which im sure you are I would do everything possible to keep them alive. Why go to an internet forrum, get something better than the top shelf at the hydro store, wait for it to arrive, then kill it. The only sure way to test a sprayer is to make a batch of bennies and put it under a microscope for a basic life count ( if youve tried this you know why I say basic count) . Then use your sprayer into a jar and put it back under the scope, in theory any less life was caused by the sprayer.

Ideally you also need to inspect the phyllosphere (leaves).

Spraying a higher velocity against a object can smash or kill upon contact. So then the microbial life then got smashed to death when you sprayed at a high velocity.

Better to loft the mist, and then use a scope to inspect all is still alive.

Concrete sprayer is what is recommended.

Testing with a scope found a pump w impeller kills about 20% so your still good to go.

treebark1950 said:
Any idea of a cheap microscope that would let me examine a slide fter being ran through the fogger? Or am I looking at 1k plus even for a cheapo?

FYI< a good scope for 4-500.00 is a labomed cxl (400ish) the lebomed cxl led is (500ish).

Hope that helps.

-Lead

treebark1950

treebark1950

One thing I do notice is that I fog in the room and the spray doesn't really touch anything, I just have it aimed up and when I peak in the room allyou can see is a hazy fog everywhere. Everything in the room is saturated.

Anywho, thanks for the info.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
One thing I do notice is that I fog in the room and the spray doesn't really touch anything, I just have it aimed up and when I peak in the room allyou can see is a hazy fog everywhere. Everything in the room is saturated.

Anywho, thanks for the info.

Sounds like your just fogging the room rather than spraying the plants?

best bet is to fog the undersides of the leaves, you want the mist to contact the undersides of the leaves to enter the stomata. (opening where plants absorb the elements from your foliar)

Spider mites and there eggs also like to hang out on the undersides of leaves.

That way you use the least amount possible for the maximum benefit. Also prevent any PM/mold from the fogger soaking the entire room vs just the plants.

Ideally a foliar spray should coat the leaves with a fine mist, not enough to runoff but just to get the leaves wet.

Hope that helps

-Lead

treebark1950

treebark1950

Yea I'm just fogging the room. I run large scrogs so it's impossiible for me to reach in the middle witha sprayer.

Even watering is a pain in the ass, I use a 3 foot wand.

When I do fog the room, every part of the plant is damp. Do you not think this is working as well as I had hoped? I feel as if it would penetrate every part of the plant or am I missing something? Would th fog not make its way to the underside of the leaves and stomas as well?

That's the whole reason I got the fogger was so I can just put said solution in the fogger turn her on and 30 min later she is done fogging. I let it settle for another 30 min then I cut the ac, scrubbers and fans back on.

Thanks again for ur input, this fogger is new to me, only had it 2 weeks.

S

StonerB

Sorry Cap. I had no intention of stirring up old shit. I didnt know the history. I simply browse through and remember who I see giving valid responses. I meant in no way to attack your product. I was honestly hoping to help. In my mind if I referred you to someone that gave a good review and doubled your orders maybe I would get a sample or two. Stoners love being the middle man. Didnt work this time.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Yea I'm just fogging the room. I run large scrogs so it's impossiible for me to reach in the middle witha sprayer.

Even watering is a pain in the ass, I use a 3 foot wand.

When I do fog the room, every part of the plant is damp. Do you not think this is working as well as I had hoped? I feel as if it would penetrate every part of the plant or am I missing something? Would th fog not make its way to the underside of the leaves and stomas as well?

That's the whole reason I got the fogger was so I can just put said solution in the fogger turn her on and 30 min later she is done fogging. I let it settle for another 30 min then I cut the ac, scrubbers and fans back on.

Thanks again for ur input, this fogger is new to me, only had it 2 weeks.

If you checked that everything is covered w mist your golden.

I personally keep the fans and ac running, when using a fogger or foliar spraying.

Turning off the scrubber is good. THe Excessive RH is not good for a carbon filter. Good idea to keep an eye on your RH and stay below 85% to avoid any mold/PM
Otherwise sounds like for your situation,:banana1sv6: your good to go.

Top Bottom