Foilar Spray pH Info

• Thread starter jigglybones
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jigglybones

Balance pH of Foilar Sprays

It is a mistake to think that you do not need to measure the pH balance of your foliar spray. Much like your nutrient solution, the pH of your foliar spray should be slightly acidic, with a pH of around 5.8.

jigglybones

B

bowlpacks

I always thought the best ph for foliar spraying was as close to neutral as possible. Where is this info?

J

jigglybones

Foilar Spray pH Source

Have Your Foliar Spray pH Balanced - It is a mistake to think that you do not need to measure the pH balance of your foliar spray. Much like your nutrient solution, the pH of your foliar spray should be slightly acidic, with a pH of around 5.8. This will allow the solution to penetrate the film on the leaf and be absorbed much more easily. Make sure you accurately measure your pH and make any adjustments that are necessary with a pharmaceutical grade pH adjuster.

J

jigglybones

Friends, please keep YOUR suggestions coming. No one has all the answers in the world of cultivation & this is how WE all can learn. Thank you for your input.

J

jigglybones

more info on source:
I looked at the bottom of link, and noticed this info was provided by : Michael Straumietis is co-founder of Advanced Nutrients, an international marketer and manufacturer of agricultural, home & garden, hydroponics and soil less fertilizers and plant nutrients.

(I don't use Advanced Nutes, so I'm not trying to promote them.)

I

into the light

That is good to know.
Most surfactants are are very alkaline. At least ones like Dutch Master Penetrator. Please let me know if I'm wrong but my foliar sprays seem to go into the 8's and 9's when I add 60 ml to the bottle......Later L

M

moejammin

Ive have always ph 'd my foliars to 6.5 with very good results. If you are using a surfactant why would you need to have the ph so low? Is this info pertaining to soil and hydro?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The reason for pHing is so that the nutrients in the spray can actually be used by the plant. If they're delivered via a medium that's out of range, the plants simply can't touch it, the chemical reactions will not occur.

A tip is to foliar your most expensive products instead of drenching the root zone.

ncga

ncga

Just as import as the ph is the application method. A well atomized mist is best. For indoor gardens I like to use the FogMaster JR and out doors a back pack sprayer works well. But for a medium outside garden nothing beats a 15 to 26 gallon ATV mounted sprayer. I extend the hose and have one in each garden. OF course a tractor pulled foggers is the best if you have acreage LOL.

Spray bottles do not properly atomize the solution.

nc

GeorgeCloney

GeorgeCloney

Hey. Im on my first run with HG in tupur. Im using magic green as a foliar. I want to ph to 6.2 as I do w my reg feeding. Am I correct in this?

Also, want to spray azamax for pest maintenance. Do I ph this the same as well?

Thx

Top Bottom