Folar feeding?

• Thread starter biggun4me
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

biggun4me

I have these girls in veg and see the beginning of some problems.. I have never done any folar feeding, so can I just use my regular nute solution and spray the plants?
Also when I transfer these in to flower and put these rockwool cubes into a pot I want to surround them with something other than hydroton, What would you use?
PEACE...

Folar feeding
Folar feeding 2
T

Trim Reaper

Don't FOLIAR feed regular nutes, this will usually burn your plants. There are some great foliars out there, Spray n' Grow, any Seaweed product, etc. These will provide much more micro's and trace elements. Also I would highly recomend Saturator from dutch master, it will make whatever you spray to go directly into the plants cells.
You might want to buy a bag of rockwool "croutons" instead of rocks, so your girls stay in the same type of growing medium with the same ph needs.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Don't FOLIAR feed regular nutes, this will usually burn your plants.
I respectfully disagree with that assertion. I use foliar feeding, have used it extensively in the past, use it to correct deficiencies that I don't want to do a soil/root drench to try to correct. The issue lies with what you're trying to pass through those cell walls, some things can, some things can't.

I also disagree that you need to use foliar-specific products. Just use one that dissolves well and can pass through the sprayer, and I also prefer to use a horticultural oil as a dispersant/sticker/spreader.

A product I've just started using on Mary--Botanica Maxsea--GREAT for foliars, dissolves completely. Don't foliar at the soil app rate of 1-2T/gal, though. Not that I'm worried it'll burn (it hasn't burned any plant I've used it on, including my very expensive rhododendron that was going downhill til it got foliared), just that I don't need to use so much and I'm cheap. So much so that I don't usually use the recommended soil app rate for soil apps, I tend to go much lighter. For foliar I use it at 1-2tsp/gal.

The problems I can make out in that picture (it's difficult for me with all the reflective material you have in there) are leaf twisting and a little curling. Is that what you're talking about when you say you see problems starting? If so, I'm not so sure a foliar feeding would correct any of that.

As for transplanting from rockwool, I don't use it, neither do I use expanded clay pellets. Coco, perlite or soil for me.

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

I'm with Seamaiden on this one. I foliar feed with certain nutes. It depends on what you are using as your nutrient solution right now. I use the Botanicare Pure Blend pro vegetative formula diluted just a little under what is recommended, and it works great. I've never had a burn issue and they seem to love it. I use a drop of dish soap as a spreader but have been curious of maybe trying Neem oil. It's always nice to kill two birds with one stone.

I can't tell by the pics what problems you're referring to. I think I see the start to nute burn on one of the larger leaves in the back of the room (second pic) but I'm not sure. Maybe take some closer pics.

T

Trim Reaper

OK, I have to repent. I guess I was thinking about the real salty nutes alot of people like to use. Organin based nutes generally won't burn. I owned a store for 20 years, and saw/heard about alot of burns from those type of nutes.
My bad, I apologize.
P.S. don't foliar under lights. I have mine on carts, so I just wheel them out to spray.
:sad0047:

J

Jalisco Kid

I mix my own salts and foliar no burn. When you mix a good batch and do not apply water/dew the next day the dried up salts can chemically burn a leaf. I some times spray at 1100ppm in flowering. Megafol an amino works well taking in other nutes thru the wax.JK

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Magic Green from H&G and Penetrator from Dutch Masters. Works like a champ and smells like a bloody tampon lol.

B

biggun4me

Wow that's a lot of info from all you guy's for this slightly retarded old guy... I think I am going to try- Botanica Maxsea... Not that I like that idea anymore than the others, it's just that I remember seeing it on the shelf at the hydro store and it seems an easy solution..Thanks Seamaiden...
I am also going to surround the blocks with the hydroton croutons in bigger pot and see if that makes a difference.. I started to grow this way so I would avoid the mess of dirt in my closet, but I am not sure I made such a good choice...
I will post pics and gladly accept advice from all... Peace

T

Trim Reaper

OK, I have been publicly beaten and humiliated, knocked to my knees, begging for mercy and forgiveness.
I am a huge fan of foliar, but have seen so many people fry their plants that I misstated the facts in previous post.
Doesn't mattter how long or how good, we all need to be humble enough to admit "I" am wrong.
Jalisco Kid: how, when, where you spraying 1100 ppm with out burn?? With salts? I believe you just have never seen in 25+ years.
My bad, spank me twice.
:joint:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Trim, do you have any idea how many fish I've killed? Oh my goodness, it's not a pretty thing. But spankings are fun.

Biggun, I am liking the Maxsea more and more. I can't remember if I mentioned that I use it at reduced rates, label calls for something like 2T/gal, I use it in the range of 1t/gal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom