foliar fed without adjusting ph

• Thread starter 420Gator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420Gator

420Gator

not sure if this is the right section but i just mixed a little over 20 ozs of RO and 3ml of nitrozime and didnt bother to check my ph sure it was low, is this really bad or no biggie?

D

dican01

doesn't matter. i use lots of different foliar sprays and never have had to balance ph.

420Gator

420Gator

cool man thanks for the response i didnt think itd hurt that much, just making sure

J

Jalisco Kid

I would bet over the long run it matters. The internal pH of the leaf would need to be adjusted. (6.35- 6.4 pH). JK

420Gator

420Gator

thanks JK about to flip soon so only a couple of applications left, i will be adjusting it from now on tho

D

dican01

i use RO water and foliar feed up to once a week during veg. no problems or leaf burns. i threw away my ph pen a couple of years ago. really not necessary in my experience (soil).

420Gator

420Gator

i use RO water and foliar feed up to once a week during veg. no problems or leaf burns. i threw away my ph pen a couple of years ago. really not necessary in my experience (soil).

hope i have the same luck not having all the problems i hear about with ffof but ive still got another month to go so we'll see

E

edux10

good to know. I always wondered about this too, but so far i have yet to have any problems per sue. Sometimes it looks like the foliar spray did not fix my problem, but never has it made anything worse that i saw. i would just be careful about doing it too much in flower and having any nutes on your buds or causing rot.

420Gator

420Gator

good to know. I always wondered about this too, but so far i have yet to have any problems per sue. Sometimes it looks like the foliar spray did not fix my problem, but never has it made anything worse that i saw. i would just be careful about doing it too much in flower and having any nutes on your buds or causing rot.

i dont think you should foliar feed at all when buds are present.....or at least thats what ive heard

D

dican01

i dont think you should foliar feed at all when buds are present.....or at least thats what ive heard

yeah, i only foliar feed up to the first week into flowering. once buds start to appear, it is not good to foliar feed anymore.

420Gator

420Gator

you dont wanna apply nutrients directly to what your gonna be smoking, and im sure its very attractive to mold and other nasty shit like that

J

Jalisco Kid

So an ion absorbed by the root taste different from an ion absorbed thru the leaf? Some things I spray adds bacteria to the leafs and helps counteract the molds. JK

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yeah, jeez, this advice has just killed my OD growing regimen!

FWIW, guys, I foliared all my OD organic girls up until 2 weeks prior to harvest, and they rated pretty well at a canna event and burned very cleanly. If I don't address the bugs that can ruin buds as soon as I see bud-set and throughout the season I risk losing a good bit of crop. If you're worried about taste you can 'rain' on them lightly.

Blaze

Blaze

Foliar feeding into budding is fine so long as certain precautions are taken. As JK pointed out there is really no difference between wether or not the nutrients are absorbed thru the leaf or thru the roots. I always treat it like I do when feeding via the roots - I give it a flush period at the last few weeks. The negative effect of bud rot or mold can also easily be counter-acted by what you are spraying. In fact, if you are growing outdoors and having a crappy, wet fall, foliar spray during flower can save your buds from mold and rot, not cause it.

M

MASSES 420KING

i wouldnt use phd water on foilage either way there really bad read the warning label for the medium ya but not for foilar feeding

S

STUPPA

I'd use a ph of 6.5 for foliar feeding.
If you are worried about residues affecting your smoke always spray with just ph'd water the day after you have foliar fed , the plant will have taken in everything it needs by then and any feed build up thats left will be washed off.
The plant can still get nurishment from the straight water.

D

dican01

i do not foliar feed during flowering because it is not good to spray the buds, pistils, and trichomes. the leaves absorb the spray, but the flowers and pistils and trichomes do not. spraying during flowering stunts bud growth. it kills pistils and trichomes, and it is not necessary.
of course there are certain conditions where you have to spray during flowering to save a crop, but there is a difference between those conditions and ideal conditions. ideally, you do not have mold or pm in flowering and you do not have to spray.

C

CanadianClassic

You can use CannaBoost as a foilar feed during flowering and it works awesome,just dont soak them and cause rot lol,I also got really good ventilation my exhaust fan is over powered for my room size and i never see any problems just positives.....usually use distilled water but i plan o ngetting a RO machine...

Latest posts

Top Bottom