Foliar Feeding Question

• Thread starter Marco537763
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Marco537763

Does the solution for foliar feeding need to be within a certain ppm/EC range? If yes, what would the range be in order to avoid leaf burn. Also, how long does it take for the appearance of damage on the leaf and how does leaf burn due to foliar feeding look like?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hmm... that's a good question, I've always gone with one quarter to one eighth the root feeding dose rates for foliar feeding.

I have only burned when using phytotoxic products, and how long damage takes to be observed is variable. It can be hours, it can be days. None of the products that have burned have been fertilizers, only treatments for diseases or pests.

M

Marco537763

Thanks Seamaiden, the reason for this question is actually, because I've been trying the Aptus nutrient line on a couple of my last grows. Since Aptus is mainly for use on soil or coco, certain items in the Aptus line cannot be fed via the roots/water reservoir. They recommend feeding by foliar spraying. I've noticed some late bloom necrosis on many of the leaves and I wasn't sure if that was the cause or not.... By using the dosages indicated, the foliar solution can sometimes be upwards of 1500ppm.... I'm just trying to pinpoint a problem that may or may not be foliar spray related.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If the necrosis has a clear pattern, you should consider nutrient uptake or utilization issues.

Top Bottom